Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Home in the Country(1st)
Beautiful voice. Nice tracks.
Let me know what you think guys.

2nd track has improvements

.mp3    Home in the Country Stem.mp3 --  (Download: 4.86 MB)

.mp3    02 Home in the Country Stem.mp3 --  (Download: 4.67 MB)

Hey!
Really good job.
I love this mix.Cheers
Pep from Pepus Estudi
Bus-Comp Warm-Audio, Focal Alpha 80, Klark Teknik 76-KT, Klark Teknik EQP-KT, Focusrite Scarlett 18i20, X Touch One Behringer, Arturia MiniLab mkII, 
Mackie Big Knob, Sonarworks SoundID Reference,
Cakewalk by Bandlab
(09-07-2023, 12:36 PM)supep Wrote: Hey!
Really good job.
I love this mix.Cheers
Thank you my friend, I appreciate the compliment!
Hey Ricks2006,

I really love the balance of the instruments, the kick and bass sit nicely in the track.
For me, the drums are a bit "behind" (too much reverb), compared to the voice, or maybe the voice is too much upfront it misses some of the same reverb

But overall a nice job

Cheers
MacPro 5,1 - Monteret | UAD Apollo Twin | AKG - K701 | Reaper | LUNA
(12-07-2023, 08:53 PM)filipandrei Wrote: Hey Ricks2006,

I really love the balance of the instruments, the kick and bass sit nicely in the track.
For me, the drums are a bit "behind" (too much reverb), compared to the voice, or maybe the voice is too much upfront it misses some of the same reverb

But overall a nice job

Cheers
Hey flipandrei,

I appreciate your opinion my friend. You are not wrong at all. What I did here was to bring the "drum room tracks" a bit up front. So what you are hearing here is a combination of a mild short hall reverb on a drum bus track and the room mics. On the drums bus reverb I have a low cut at about 120hz as to not muddy up the low end. Although by design, I do agree, her voice is a bit "dry". I used a short hall reverb on her.

I didn't wanted to have a longer decay reverb on her voice because I wanted to hear the contrast between a well-saturated drum track verb vs a mild voice reverb. In retrospect, for me at least, it kinda works. I can hear her every syllable and on her longer pauses, I'm not distracted by a longer decay reverb.
(12-07-2023, 08:53 PM)filipandrei Wrote: Hey Ricks2006,

But overall a nice job

Cheers
But also, I didn't rely solely on "drum bus reverb". If anything, what you are hearing on drums is probably 8 percent reverb and the rest its just the tracks alone. If a track has really good room tracks, trust me, I will use them. I love the sound of a good room track because it brings life into the whole track. Like at the beginning of the song, that's pure room tracks my friend.

Heres an example of what I mean by using room tracks.

.mp3    A Place for Us Stem 06.08.mp3 --  (Download: 5.27 MB)