Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Too Much(radio version cut)
Super nice tracks! Definitely fun to mix.
Did a bit of automation on guitars and drums aswell

2nd track is a revision

.mp3    TooMuchStemMstr2.mp3 --  (Download: 4.77 MB)

.mp3    TooMuchStemMstr2_1.mp3 --  (Download: 4.77 MB)

It's a good mix, the drums have more natural, less compressed sound. The distortion on bass definitely helps it cut through the mix, but in the intro where bass is the main point of focus it sounds a bit weird so I'd pull that down in quieter parts like the intro. The guitar solo is completely buried under other tracks, and that's the weak point of this mix. Also I totally get the move with removing the strings, as you've already pointed that out in another post- those parts feel a bit crowded and imo those strings simply don't fit in there.

But I like it anyway, good job
(05-06-2023, 11:05 PM)vovolan Wrote: It's a good mix, the drums have more natural, less compressed sound. The distortion on bass definitely helps it cut through the mix, but in the intro where bass is the main point of focus it sounds a bit weird so I'd pull that down in quieter parts like the intro. The guitar solo is completely buried under other tracks, and that's the weak point of this mix. Also I totally get the move with removing the strings, as you've already pointed that out in another post- those parts feel a bit crowded and imo those strings simply don't fit in there.

Thank you for the feedback my friend.
Attached is the track with some of the things you pointed out fixed. I also fix the bridge toms. I felt they overpowered the whole track a bit much. Here's a trivia my friend, I automated an EQ on some of the electric guitars.

.mp3    TooMuchStemMstr2.1.mp3 --  (Download: 4.77 MB)

(05-06-2023, 11:05 PM)vovolan Wrote: It's a good mix, the drums have more natural, less compressed sound. The distortion on bass definitely helps it cut through the mix, but in the intro where bass is the main point of focus it sounds a bit weird so I'd pull that down in quieter parts like the intro. The guitar solo is completely buried under other tracks, and that's the weak point of this mix. Also I totally get the move with removing the strings, as you've already pointed that out in another post- those parts feel a bit crowded and imo those strings simply don't fit in there.

In response
Here's a little snippet of the 1st chorus. Drums and Acoustic guitars only

.mp3    Drums:AcuGtrs.mp3 --  (Download: 544.61 KB)