Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Whitten And. Williams - How To Make A Mirror (MIX/MASTER)
Hello to all!
My try on this project. 
it's bit challenge to mix it.
Any kind of feedbacks are welcome
Cheers!

Edit: A new second work added (V2). I think it sounds a bit better (hope so)
Edit N°2: New version (V3). Tryin' to correct the levels of the mix, and some minors aspects.

.mp3    Whitten_And_Williams_How_To_Make_A_Mirror_(MIX_MASTER)_[Unknow_Mixer].mp3 --  (Download: 5.19 MB)

.mp3    Whitten_And_Williams_How_To_Make_A_Mirror_(V2)_[Unknow_Mixer].mp3 --  (Download: 5.01 MB)

.mp3    Whitten_And_Williams_How_To_Make_A_Mirror_(V3)_[Unknow_Mixer].mp3 --  (Download: 5.16 MB)

Hi!

First off apologies for the delay in getting round to checking out your mix.

Listening to V2 - pretty good! I quite like that reverb/delay vocal effect at the beginning. Only thing for me is that I feel the side stick might perhaps be a touch loud when it comes in. I didn't try this, but it occurs to me it might be possible to split the drums up in to a couple of channels to have control over the kick and the side stick (with a bit of highpass/lowpass) as I recall it is difficult to get the bass drum loud enough in the mix relative to that sidestick (the kick is a bit too quiet in my attempt). That aside. I think this one is quite challenging and you've done decent job here.

Cheers!
Just uploaded a mix/master?  Waiting for comments? Why not give back and critique a mix/master, or two!
(25-11-2021, 08:19 PM)mikej Wrote: Hi!

First off apologies for the delay in getting round to checking out your mix...
Hello mike!
Nothing to worry about.
Thanks for passing by and for your words. Much appreciated it Smile
And yeah, it would be great to have on separated channels that percution to get better results. I didn't think about in duplicate the loop percussion and do what you mentioned before, i wonder what be the result.
And yes, quite challenging project to work haha.
Once again thanx for the review.
Cheers!
This sounds great, I love the spatial effects on the vocal, but I'm losing the vocals behind the drums and the dulcimer when they come in.
(26-11-2021, 11:36 PM)Judders Wrote: This sounds great, I love the spatial effects on the vocal, but I'm losing the vocals behind the drums and the dulcimer when they come in.
Thanx Judders for passing by and for the feedback.
Thanks for your words. Smile
I'll be back with another mix with this specific points that you mentioned.
Cheers!
Hey man Smile not to bad mate, feels a tiny scooped but otherwise clean.
(27-11-2021, 11:32 PM)crownoise Wrote: Hey man Smile not to bad mate, feels a tiny scooped but otherwise clean.
Hey, what up Crow. Good to see you.
Thanx man for passig by and for the feedback. Smile
This project it's really a challenge to mix it.
Good to hear that you can find it clean besides of that scooped problem.
Cheers dude!
(25-11-2021, 10:05 PM)Unknow Mixer Wrote:
(25-11-2021, 08:19 PM)mikej Wrote: Hi!

First off apologies for the delay in getting round to checking out your mix...
Hello mike!
Nothing to worry about.
Thanks for passing by and for your words. Much appreciated it :)
And yeah, it would be great to have on separated channels that percution to get better results. I didn't think about in duplicate the loop percussion and do what you mentioned before, i wonder what be the result.
And yes, quite challenging project to work haha.
Once again thanx for the review.
Cheers!
I mean, duping the channel and playing with high/low pass filters will get you somewhere, but wouldn't it have been nice if the artist had just split the perc track into different stems!? Would have taken like two secs!

Yeah... sorry about that :P

Just listened to V3 an really enjoyed it, the vocals feel lively and bouncy, the high flutes are woven through the texture really nicely, always present, never overly so, that's the heart of the peice for me. Thanks for having a play!
WhittenAnd
bit.ly/whittenand