Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Whitten And. Williams: 'How To Make A Mirror'
Hi!
This is my mix. Comments welcome Smile
Cheers!

.mp3    WhittenAnd_HowToMakeAMirror.mp3 --  (Download: 5.05 MB)

Pep from Pepus Estudi
Bus-Comp Warm-Audio, Focal Alpha 80, Klark Teknik 76-KT, Klark Teknik EQP-KT, Focusrite Scarlett 18i20, X Touch One Behringer, Arturia MiniLab mkII, 
Mackie Big Knob, Sonarworks SoundID Reference,
Cakewalk by Bandlab
Hi!

Quite interesting to hear to your balance and panning choices, good job there! I can easily follow the vocal parts all the way through the track. I also like that you managed to get the bass drum coming through too. Only minor thing for me would be that the side stick is maybe a touch loud against the strings at the end, but it is a tricky one this I think. You've done a good job with this. How did you find it?

Cheers!
Just uploaded a mix/master?  Waiting for comments? Why not give back and critique a mix/master, or two!
(21-11-2021, 12:56 AM)mikej Wrote: Hi!

Quite interesting to hear to your balance and panning choices, good job there!  I can easily follow the vocal parts all the way through the track.  I also like that you managed to get the bass drum coming through too.  Only minor thing for me would be that the side stick is maybe a touch loud against the strings at the end, but it is a tricky one this I think.  You've done a good job with this.  How did you find it? 

Cheers!
Hey!

Thanks for your feedback Smile
In this case, I tried to sound softly and less pucnhy by distor and compress with fast attack. The rest is Eq.
Cheers!
Pep from Pepus Estudi
Bus-Comp Warm-Audio, Focal Alpha 80, Klark Teknik 76-KT, Klark Teknik EQP-KT, Focusrite Scarlett 18i20, X Touch One Behringer, Arturia MiniLab mkII, 
Mackie Big Knob, Sonarworks SoundID Reference,
Cakewalk by Bandlab
(22-11-2021, 10:18 PM)supep Wrote:
(21-11-2021, 12:56 AM)mikej Wrote: Hi!

Quite interesting to hear to your balance and panning choices, good job there!  I can easily follow the vocal parts all the way through the track.  I also like that you managed to get the bass drum coming through too.  Only minor thing for me would be that the side stick is maybe a touch loud against the strings at the end, but it is a tricky one this I think.  You've done a good job with this.  How did you find it? 

Cheers!
Hey!

Thanks for your feedback Smile
In this case, I tried to sound softly and less pucnhy by distor and compress with fast attack. The rest is Eq.
Cheers!
The side stick is a hundred percent on me! Sounded so balanced when I was putting it together but heavens, sticks out like a sore thumb. Thanks for this supep, I'm really enjoying how featured the low whistle is here - it's got lots of presence but doesn't overwhelm any other elements. Kudos, and thanks so much for having a play Smile
WhittenAnd
bit.ly/whittenand