Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Me and My Crew _ Mixed By Steef
Hereby my contribution of this nice song "Me and My Crew" by Will Evans.
I am very curious about your opinion.

.mp3    Me and My Crew_MixedBySteef.mp3 --  (Download: 8.75 MB)

(21-10-2021, 11:37 AM)Steef Wrote: Hereby my contribution of this nice song "Me and My Crew" by Will Evans.
I am very curious about your opinion.
I haven't mixed this song myself yet, but I think this mix sounds great! The Vocal presence is nice, I think just a little bit more in the low end from the kick would help. Maybe a small Q bump around 60hz 70hz or so it sounds like. The snare is somewhat kinda quiet, but it is nice makes the mix feel louder to me. At times the vocals might be a little loud in the lows. A multiband compressor on the low end would help with that. I usually use Pro Q3's dynamics to do any specific compression to frequencies that get just a little to loud.
Thank you for your valuable response.
I had my doubts about the kick myself, a good learning opportunity indeed.
There are two thing I think need to be considered for this song. First is the vocals and making them present enough to hear all the words. The other is the bounce of the song. These two things are intertwined throughout the entire arrangement. I think you need to find a better representation of the bounce of the song. I think that will make your vocals work better.
PreSonus Studio One DAW
[email protected]