Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Will Evans
My First Post Ever - Be Nice
Reaper With AKG Headphones

.mp3    will evens.mp3 --  (Download: 8.65 MB)

The first thing I am getting is the kick in the side is over-driven. Not sure if this is intentional or not. The saturation in it is distracting me from an otherwise excellent mix which is nicely presented. I really like your environment. Tight and succinct. I'd like to know what your vocal effects were.
PreSonus Studio One DAW
[email protected]
(01-09-2021, 09:42 PM)Mixinthecloud Wrote: The first thing I am getting is the kick in the side is over-driven. Not sure if this is intentional or not. The saturation in it is distracting me from an otherwise excellent mix which is nicely presented. I really like your environment. Tight and succinct. I'd like to know what your vocal effects were.
My fresh set of ears completely agree and thanks for the feedback. I should have revisited it before posting. The vocal fx are very minimal. ATR102 for some very subtle delay and the Eventide H949 #2 preset (Vocal Harmony Thickener) rolled off the highs with only 4% mixed in. The Klanghelm SDRR2 for some light saturation.
(02-09-2021, 06:26 AM)Matto Wrote:
(01-09-2021, 09:42 PM)Mixinthecloud Wrote: The first thing I am getting is the kick in the side is over-driven. Not sure if this is intentional or not. The saturation in it is distracting me from an otherwise excellent mix which is nicely presented. I really like your environment. Tight and succinct. I'd like to know what your vocal effects were.
My fresh set of ears completely agree and thanks for the feedback. I should have revisited it before posting. The vocal fx are very minimal. ATR102 for some very subtle delay and the Eventide H949 #2 preset (Vocal Harmony Thickener) rolled off the highs with only 4% mixed in. The Klanghelm SDRR2 for some light saturation.
Nice. Thanks. I wish I had an AMS or Eventide 949.
PreSonus Studio One DAW
[email protected]
(02-09-2021, 09:43 PM)Mixinthecloud Wrote:
(02-09-2021, 06:26 AM)Matto Wrote:
Nice. Thanks. I wish I had an AMS or Eventide 949.
Hi mITc
The Eventide is on sale for $50 till the 7th - normal price $199.  https://store.eventideaudio.com and the ATR102 was just used for delay. Any stock delay will work. Good luck!

[quote pid='112144' dateline='1630615418']
The Eventide is on sale for $50 till the 7th - normal price $199.  https://store.eventideaudio.com and the ATR102 was just used for delay. Any stock delay will work. Good luck!
[/quote]

Done deal
PreSonus Studio One DAW
[email protected]
Great!
I worked on the kick a little and took some edge off the vocals.

.mp3    will evens 2.mp3 --  (Download: 8.65 MB)

Better.
PreSonus Studio One DAW
[email protected]