Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
I'm Allright SpedeMix
Hello! Here's my mix from this catchy tune! Initially the amount of tracks (only 13 here) raised my eyebrows, but as I imported them into session I found they were pretty good sounding. Great performances! I had Santana (Supernatural) and RHCP as a reference: "Not to be spoiled with reverb" Big Grin

However the biggest technical issue these tracks had was the fact that all of them were recorded in a fairly small live room; that roomyness became the "ceiling" in every area of processing.

Judging from the last couple of mixes I've posted here it seems that sample replacement and parallel compression have become obsolete techniques for me Wink

.m4a    Im_Allright_SpedeMix.m4a --  (Download: 2.75 MB)

Hi, Spede.

This mix plays back nicely over here. Just a few observations possibly worth considering though:

The energy level seems to jump significantly (and noticeably louder) at the first and second chorus - but from there, it sits more comfortably with the rest of the song. The percussion *could* be raised at particular sections - but that's probably more to do with my own personal preferences more than anything else. The vocals were very nicely handled - as was the bass too. I would have loved to hear the 'big' electric guitar more prominent at the pre-chorus, but, again, that's more a personal preference thing.

Hi Spede,

Good mix, good separation and tones!
Fun to hear that you made it more an electric guitar song, compared to my own mix which is more acoustic guitar driven. Works cool!

I also like the way you made a clear contrast between verse and chorus.

Sometimes, however, I feel like that the electric guitar is a bit too dominant.
In my opinion the bass guitar sometimes has to much mids/low-mids.

I like the 'dryness' in your mix. I think my mix could have a bit less of reverbs...

Nice work!

RJ

edit: After listening again to your mix I think I miss some kind of 'excitement'.. I am not sure what's the reason for that, maybe the mix is too clean and little saturation can help.
Nevertheless: technically a very good mix! Smile

(01-07-2013, 04:01 AM)Spede Wrote: Hello! Here's my mix from this catchy tune! Initially the amount of tracks (only 13 here) raised my eyebrows, but as I imported them into session I found they were pretty good sounding. Great performances! I had Santana (Supernatural) and RHCP as a reference: "Not to be spoiled with reverb" Big Grin

However the biggest technical issue these tracks had was the fact that all of them were recorded in a fairly small live room; that roomyness became the "ceiling" in every area of processing.

Judging from the last couple of mixes I've posted here it seems that sample replacement and parallel compression have become obsolete techniques for me Wink

Very nice sounding. Do you mix professionally?
HEY BRO
LIKE THE MIX
ONE YOU SHOULD LOOK AT IS OVERALL MIDS IN THE MIX IF YOU CUT OUT A BIT IN THE 500K TO 900K IT SHOULD REMOVE THE FOG SOUND IN IT AND MAYBE A BIT IN 250K RANGE TOO
BUT ALL IN ALL WELL BAL MIX ..
Your mix sound very nice. Good job overall but to my taste, it's missing some low end to it.

Keep it up!

Dom
Nice mix Spade! The only think is how you panned GTR... I feel too much separation between the band, is just a feelingWink feel free to check my mix and comment Smile All Best