Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
So, here I am again, Ahab, on a mission
So, as a few of you have seen, I have taken a swing (or 8) at this song before. I have never been happy with it.

However.

I have decided to brave the waters again, in search of my perfect mix. Overall, compared to the actual mix, mine is much darker. That comes with a preemptive but, though, for I have not tried my hand at mastering this beast, as I feel I must conquer it in its purest form before I carve its blubber and shape this mythical creature into soap, lipstick, and candle wax.

May God have mercy on me.

Captain Draper

*Edit
Got some new scrimshaw for ye land lubbers. (New master, gotta keep up the shtick, right?)

*Double Edit
Dammit, the bridge gets WAY too loud, doesn't it?

.mp3    AtrophyMixbusMP3.mp3 --  (Download: 12.48 MB)

.mp3    Atrophy2Master2.mp3 --  (Download: 12.47 MB)

Hey man, nice to heare something from you again.

The vocals (in my opinion, the hardest part of that song) are working quite well in your mix. I miss a bit more room at your drums to get more wideness into the mix and it would take out the compactness. The snare sounds a bit sticky for my taste.

Im curious about how the mastered version sounds like!

Cheers, Eric

Thanks Stick, I find it a tad funny that the guy named Stickman thinks the snare is "too sticky." Haha. I agreed with you, so I touched the mix up a little bit, and then mastered the sucker. I may have been a little heavy handed in the mastering, so i may take another swing at it, but I wanted to get some thoughts on it first. Thanks again for the comments.

Draper

.mp3    AtrophyMixbus2.mp3 --  (Download: 11.23 MB)

.mp3    AtrophyMixbus2Master.mp3 --  (Download: 11.41 MB)

I lost my low end in the mastering. Redoing.
new master, look up