Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Angels In Amplifiers - I'm Alright (Mix and Master By Chico Rocha)
Great song to hear and mix. Nice composition. The only observations I make is about the tons and the overhead. I prefeer when they come in separate tracks. The overheads it was not a trouble at all, but the tons recorded as stereo was a little tricky.

Well, this is my mix for this song. Hope you can give some feedback. Thanks

.mp3    Angels In Amplifieres - I\'m Alright.mp3 --  (Download: 6.81 MB)

Yeah, this is a good song to work with and I agree...

Comments:
At ~1:05 bring out the piano. His little descending line is supposed to mix with the guitars.
Maybe a little too much low end on that kick.
Also, at ~1:55, I'd fade up that guitar a bit more. Same at 2:35.
Consider adding a fade out for that guitar at the very end of the track not to get rid of it but to get it to drop down a bit faster to make room for the vocal tag at the end so it comes out more cleanly. You might even fade that vocal up 2-3 dB for just that line to help that. You can get away with this without impacting the overall gain structure since the rest of the band has stopped at that point.

Generally, this is a good mix but I think you would find a benefit if you were to spend some more time on the faders and reverb to help out the dynamic contrast and really sell it. I also think you might spend a little more time experimenting with reverb and delays (for space, not effect) here and see if you can't help create a better three dimensional picture of the band.

Keep mixing!
Old West Audio