Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Actions - Devil's Words (Mix and Master by Chico Rocha)
My mix for Devil's Words. I used some paramore songs to get some reference. The recording itself was not great, but I tried my best. Looking for some constructive feedback, guys. Thanks

Update: tried to fix the snare cutting about 4db on 200hz. Sounds better to me now.

.mp3    Devil\'s Words - Actions.mp3 --  (Download: 6.44 MB)

.mp3    Devil\'s Words - Actions 2.mp3 --  (Download: 6.43 MB)

Listening on head phones and sounds like a good balance. The snare sounds a little boomy at around 200 hz Big Grin .

Please Help Mike Keep This Awesome Educational Site Alive And Become A patron !
https://www.patreon.com/CambridgeMT/posts

(09-08-2014, 11:27 PM)thedon Wrote: Listening on head phones and sounds like a good balance. The snare sounds a little boomy at around 200 hz Big Grin .

Hey. Thanks for the feedback. I agree about the snare. I've tried to cut around 200hz but it sounded thin to me. I could replace with a sample, but I wanted to get the best sound from original recording pieces. I'm gonna review that. Thank you again.
HIGHLY HIGHLY RECOMMEND USING A SAMPLE. Listen to the sample I mixed in to the original snare on my mix, really makes the mix way better. The original snare just kills it for me. (This is why you mic the bottom of a snare too to get that crack...)

Other than that, pretty good mix. I feel as if the vox are getting a little lost in the guitars though.
(09-10-2014, 01:54 AM)alex692 Wrote: HIGHLY HIGHLY RECOMMEND USING A SAMPLE. Listen to the sample I mixed in to the original snare on my mix, really makes the mix way better. The original snare just kills it for me. (This is why you mic the bottom of a snare too to get that crack...)

Other than that, pretty good mix. I feel as if the vox are getting a little lost in the guitars though.

I agree the original snare is terrible. Maybe I'll try to use a sample in a further mix. Thanks for the feedback.