Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My mix
Had a other go at this song its a lot better have now tried a 4K EQ  cut maybe to much

.mp3    F.mp3 --  (Download: 11.28 MB)

.mp3    faed a way mp3 .mp3 --  (Download: 11.68 MB)

.mp3    4k mp3.mp3 --  (Download: 11.68 MB)

Hi john nice tone on drums; one thought on the kick it is very heavy on the subs; not sure if this is the boom of the room verb or just overall kick sound, also the need for the kick to cut through; say boot a little around 5k.
this is a tricky one for drums without going down blending and replacing. the cymbals could be shelved down to 5k just to get the volume out of them. I like your balance of bvs against main vocal ,i feel the acoustic seem to dominate in main solo section. and would like to hear the guitar whole section louder at that point .
just a thought on your verb delays etc, seem to make thing cloudy; possible cut up to 300hz;this should give the track a little more definition.
I know this is a lot to think about , and are liking how you have moved your mixes forward,
these are a few pointers to try and then rebalance after.
overall this is really moving forward.

nice one.

keep on keeping on
(28-03-2024, 02:45 PM)Rustyruss Wrote: Hi john nice tone on drums; one thought on the kick it is very heavy on the subs; not sure if this is the boom of the room verb or just overall kick sound, also the need for the kick to cut through; say boot a little around 5k.
this is a tricky one for drums without going down blending and replacing. the cymbals could be shelved down to 5k just to get the volume out of them. I like your balance of bvs against main vocal ,i feel the acoustic seem to dominate in main solo section. and would like to hear the guitar whole section louder at that point .
just a thought on your verb delays etc, seem to make thing cloudy; possible cut up to 300hz;this should give the track a little more definition.
I know this is a lot to think about , and are liking  how you have moved your mixes forward,
these are a few pointers to try and then rebalance after.
overall this is really moving forward.

nice one.

keep on keeping on
         Hello Rustyruss thanks for your comments I did like the drums tone was happy with them will got back to the mix a do do some EQ on the                subs on the kick main solo section was tricky. Will need to do more on my vrebs  they are  not easy to get spot on the mix 
         was sept forward for me as you said a lot to think about to get the hole mix working thanks for your advice 
Hi john , I had the same problem, to make it work as a whole, the song has three sections all covering different combination of fq.
first section very open not a lot going on ;then this build up into a full on mass of guitar vocal thing. for me the whole tone of the drums were hard to make work to give it the energy needed. I used a lot of automation alongside muting verbs off instrument s as the sounds grew bigger; a lot of trial and error.
Not a easy one, you have chosen a tough mix.
as said before I like how you have move forward with this.

Cheers.
keep on keeping on.