Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Daimon B - Truth (Found Me) Mix by David V.
Hello there,
here's my take.
The song is not mastered.
What do you think?
Best regards
David

.mp3    Daimon B - Truth (Found Me) (Mix by David V.).mp3 --  (Download: 6.98 MB)

Good mix, man! Great energy. You handled the busy part (2:00 on) very well. I can hear all the guitars, not an easy thing to do. I just think that you brought up too much of the room and whatever amount of the bottom snare inherent in the top snare itself. I hear more of the sizzle of the snare than the top making it less impactful tho I still like it, good energy there. I hear more of the hi mid in your mix and I can almost blame on the snare . Gating the tail end of the snare out to get rid of the room before compression works for me. That way I can compress hard w/o bringing up too much dirt. I also think you could use a bit more bottom to beef the mix up more. I like the kick, it cuts thru but I think a little more of the thump couldn't hurt. If anything I think it would beef the kick up more and give it some command. That's how your mix translate to my ears. Hope it helps, man. Cheers!
Hey, thank you for your feedback. After you said it, I noticed that with the snare too. There was a little bit too much of parallel compression on the snare. I even lowered the a bottom snare and the second snare top mic a little bit. And I added a gate which helped to control the tail.
Overall the mix was a touch too bright. I think I fixed this in the new version. Less highs in the overheads and the snare now and I tried to beef the mix up like you said.
I think it sounds more balanced now.

Thanks again for taking your time! I really appreciate it.

Best regards,
David

.mp3    Daimon B - Truth (Found Me) (Mix v2 by David V.).mp3 --  (Download: 6.98 MB)