Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My take on Truth
Hi guys and girls!

Here is my first version.
Fun song to mix!

I hope you like it and any comments or sugestions are welcome.

Cheers!

.mp3    TruthV1M.mp3 --  (Download: 6.87 MB)

Hi there! Just wanted to let you know that at first, I thought there was literally a radio effect or something on the guitars in the intro. I know they say to mix with your ears and not your eyes, but sometimes spectral analyzers can help a lot to maintain some degree of objectivity. It seems like everything in your mix is VERY heavy on the 2khz to 6khz, with almost nothing in the 300hz are. What this means is, the guitar tones lack body and sound VERY aggressive in the upper range.

One thing I'd consider doing is giving everything a little bit more low mid, because right now, the vocals sound REALLY upfront. Meanwhile there guitars are super scooped.
The balances are good and the fx are cool, though! I just, you know, HIGHLY recommend giving some lows and mids to everything because it's very scooped sounding. As a consequence, the guitars and drums are actually in conflict up there.

Just thought I'd mention that! Otherwise, it's a good mix. I hope you do another one, but tame that upper range a bit so that the track can have some fatness!
Sincerely,
Phil
Hi!

Thanx for taking the time to listen and give me feedback.

I totally agree, i messed it up.
I usually use eq compensation to mix on my headphones.
In this case, i forgot to enable it with the results that you had to listen...

In V2 i've tried to invert the compensation so is sort of what i was hearing while mixing.
But i have to mix it again.

Thanx again!
Cheers

.mp3    TruthV2M.mp3 --  (Download: 6.87 MB)