Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Another Feeling Peppermark DS Mix
Thanks for getting the chance to mix this masterpiece.
Really nice recording. Love it.

BR Andre Smile

.mp3    Peppermark_mix8.mp3 --  (Download: 12.87 MB)

Really nice!! Very well done!
Here are my notes, listening through (keeping in mind you've done a great job):

Drums sound awesome, but in maybe a touch loud in comparison to the guitars (and bass). Mastering could maybe improve that, but maybe a ~2dB adjustment might make it ace.
Some of the lead/high guitars don't cut quite enough. Then, sometimes, it cuts a bit too much maybe (could be an 1.5-3kHz EQ thing, rather than a volume thing).
The solo is just a tiny bit too "hot" (loud), and I'd love to hear a touch of space (delay/verb), subtle and tasteful on there.
I think the mix might benefit from a subtle lift in warmness (probs the bass guitar gets a little love/volume/drive).

All my notes are "tweaks" - you've done a killer job here.
All the moves above I think would be small pushes and nudges.

Good work!
(17-12-2023, 07:49 PM)gerudobombshell Wrote: Really nice!! Very well done!
Here are my notes, listening through (keeping in mind you've done a great job):

Drums sound awesome, but in maybe a touch loud in comparison to the guitars (and bass). Mastering could maybe improve that, but maybe a ~2dB adjustment might make it ace.
Some of the lead/high guitars don't cut quite enough. Then, sometimes, it cuts a bit too much maybe (could be an 1.5-3kHz EQ thing,  rather than a volume thing).
The solo is just a tiny bit too "hot" (loud), and I'd love to hear a touch of space (delay/verb), subtle and tasteful on there.
I think the mix might benefit from a subtle lift in warmness (probs the bass guitar gets a little love/volume/drive).

All my notes are "tweaks" - you've done a killer job here.
All the moves above I think would be small pushes and nudges.

Good work!

Hi 
Thanks for the feedback I appreciate it!
I agree with your points there's some space for improvement! Smile
BR Andre