Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
FytaKyte - Too Much
Wow! Great song, great writing. Hint of The Doors on the intro  Smile 
This song has betrayal, hostility, contrition, and a cathartic 3rd verse and outro. Great playing and engineering.
Not a lot of heavy lifting on this one. I spent probably 2 hours aligning and de-essing the background vocals. The rest was just coloring the emotional sections of the song over 3 or 4 one hour-long mixing sessions over 3 days. The mix was -13.5 LUFS so 1 did a quick master to bump the loudness up a couple of db.
As always, comments welcome and appreciated...

.mp3    Fytakte - Too Much - MLATX.mp3 --  (Download: 8.46 MB)

~~ Here to learn and help ~~

Marty
Mixer/Engineer/Producer
Austin, Texas, USA
I could only do a quick listen before coffee this morning. A couple of things jumped out at me. I liked the bass tone. It might be a little too upfront, at least in the intro and maybe 1st verse. It works well with the kick.

I'm hearing a lot of clipping, especially in the intro and solo sections. Maybe you have some type of saturation on the mix or it's just loudness. The mix is pretty loud.

I don't know how to word this but I find it hard to focus on this mix. I don't know if it's the mix or any overall compression/limiting but everything feels to have the same weight, if that makes sense. Maybe the bass guitar is taking up too much real estate. I'm not sure.
I'm sure I probably have the same issues in my mix. There's a lot going on in this song and it's easy to put the attention on trying to get everything heard as opposed to high lighting what's important for the song at the moment.

Anyway. Those are my quick thoughts. Hope that helps.