Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Nareuille - How To Make A Mirror Mix/Master
Hey everyone,
This is my first mix I've submitted here. Let me know how I did.
Thanks

.mp3    Whitten And. Williams - How to Make a Mirror Mix 1.Mp3 --  (Download: 4.96 MB)

Pretty good!

I'm finding it distracting having the bass flutes in just one speaker, seeing as they are such a fundamental part of the tune, and not really balanced by the dulcimer.

You've gone a bit crazy with delays, too. They are getting a bit much for me!
Thanks for the reply. I wasn’t sure if that bass flute was suppose to go in the middle of the stereo flute track  Big Grin . I think I was trying having the dulcimer off to the left and bass flute to right to not make it so one sided/ have extra contrast. Over the stereo flute I used a shimmer setting from the Big Sky, I was just experimenting a little bit but I can see how it can be distracting.
Actually I quite liked the shimmer reverb on the flutes, it was the vocal reverb that I found a bit distracting.
(04-12-2021, 02:12 AM)Judders Wrote: Actually I quite liked the shimmer reverb on the flutes, it was the vocal reverb that I found a bit distracting.
Plus one on the loving the shimmer on the high whistles! Feels almost like something sped up on an old tape player, that sort of warm ambeance. Ambience? Vibe. Thanks so much for having a play :)
WhittenAnd
bit.ly/whittenand