Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Whitten And. Williams - How To Make A Mirror (DDL Holiday Spar)
Hello, I hope the CMT community are all well. 

I am here working out with a new config build with some CMT selections as I'm transitioning from a hybrid setup to a full ITB config thanks to the MBP M1p and the new Kit BB N105 (V2, NEVE Model) channel strip plugin, which for me is the first plugin I've heard that translate an authentic analog console sound (without needing a hardware hybrid summing config). 

I've found both the N105 (each channel on Analog dial 1, the 105 was used on this up) and the updated Waves SSL 4000E (EV2) channel with the Analog button active, both are "new" game changer plugins for people that are still using hybrid or full analog gear.

I'm posting this spar because I fell in love with the artistry and the song. 

I hope everyone a great holiday.

24-bit source print: https://digitaldruglord.s3.amazonaws.com/HTMAM.wav

.mp3    HTMAM.mp3 --  (Download: 4.99 MB)

M1 Pro MBP: is my Hattori Hanzo.
(26-11-2021, 12:56 PM)latanielvss. Wrote: Just wanted to say the new waves EV2 channel strip is literally a copy/paste of the CLA mixhub. The only difference is the harmonics other than that everything else is the exact same to the point where it nulls with each other. For more information go check out Paul Thirds youtube. Legit one of the biggest scams in recent times.
You just wanted to say that without a single comment on the mix?  There's Gearspace for that kind of thing, it's a bit rude in the context of this forum.
(24-11-2021, 03:55 AM)Digitaldruglord Wrote: Hello, I hope the CMT community are all well. 

I am here working out with a new config build with some CMT selections as I'm transitioning from a hybrid setup to a full ITB config thanks to the MBP M1p and the new Kit BB N105 (V2, NEVE Model) channel strip plugin, which for me is the first plugin I've heard that translate an authentic analog console sound (without needing a hardware hybrid summing config). 

I've found both the N105 (each channel on Analog dial 1, the 105 was used on this up) and the updated Waves SSL 4000E (EV2) channel with the Analog button active, both are "new" game changer plugins for people that are still using hybrid or full analog gear.

Lots of pleasant, soft tones going on, but I personally find the vocal delay/reverb a bit distracting and full-on.
(24-11-2021, 03:55 AM)Digitaldruglord Wrote: Hello, I hope the CMT community are all well. 

So so glad you liked it, love your take! Now I've got be forthright about this, the days when I point the mic in the right direction is the peak of my technical finesse, so you have me lost with a fair bit of the above but I just love the TONE of this. It's not quite a chorus, not a tremalo just a... feel, a roundness which plays really nice especially at high volumes. Thanks for having a play!
WhittenAnd
bit.ly/whittenand