Discussion Zone
Will Evans: 'Me And My Crew' - Printable Version

+- Discussion Zone (http://discussion.cambridge-mt.com)
+-- Forum: 'Mixing Secrets' Free Multitrack Download Library: mixing forum (http://discussion.cambridge-mt.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=184)
+--- Forum: Alt Rock, Blues, Country Rock, Indie, Funk, Reggae (http://discussion.cambridge-mt.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+---- Forum: Will Evans: 'Me And My Crew' (http://discussion.cambridge-mt.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=809)
+---- Thread: Will Evans: 'Me And My Crew' (/showthread.php?tid=40023)

Will Evans: 'Me And My Crew' - JunglestateUnion - 02-08-2021

It was incredibly pleasant for me to work with this project! Done cool! Drummer hurricane! Everyone would like to play like that! The vocals are healthy. A guide to how everything should sound together in a groove!

RE: Will Evans: 'Me And My Crew' - crownoise - 03-08-2021

really nice mix mate! Smile For me bass is a bit "bulky" sort of , could be even deeper since it feel a bit reduced in the superlows. I notice you like those drums, they sound really groovey in this mix.

RE: Will Evans: 'Me And My Crew' - Shul - 05-08-2021

I like the energetic eq choices on the vocal. The keys bring the feel to another level when they are a bit more forward in the mix so I like that.
The only thing for me that I didn't quite like is the saturation on the overall mix. Not sure if it's the voice only or if you did saturation on the overall mix but it clips a lil on loud volumes, especially the esses on the voice which creates an impression of too much volume on the voice.

Good balances overall. I really like the energy you got on it.
What did you use for voice fx? I know there is something in there I can't quite put my finger on it.

RE: Will Evans: 'Me And My Crew' - JunglestateUnion - 05-08-2021

(05-08-2021, 03:03 PM)Shul Wrote: I like the energetic  eq choices on the vocal. The keys bring the feel to another level when they are a bit more forward in the mix so I like that.
The only thing for me that I didn't  quite like is the saturation on the overall mix. Not sure if it's the voice only or if you did saturation on the overall mix but it clips a lil on loud volumes, especially  the esses on the voice which creates an impression of too much volume on the voice.

Good balances overall. I really like the energy you got on it.
What did you use for voice fx? I know there is something in there I can't quite put my finger on it.
Hi, thanks for the comment. I used the original song as a reference.
I also liked the openness and spaciousness of the vocals in the original. When I started working on this project, the idea was not to use any space on the vocals, keeping it original during the recording phase. But in the process, I realized that I was missing something, and I still added a little space on the vocals.
List of what I used on Vocal:
insert: Wave SSL channel mono, Maag EQ4, Transient Shaper, Fabfilter Q3, DeEsser Mono Waves, L1 Limiter Waves.
As for the reverb, everything is simple: Relab LX 480, one reverb with a short reverb of 220ms, and the second reverb with a long reverb of 1.12 sec. 

With regards to the Master. Then there is nothing unusual
I used SSL Bus Comp Waves, PSP VintageWarmer 2

RE: Will Evans: 'Me And My Crew' - Shul - 05-08-2021

That means I heard the clipping on the vocal then. Ah, a fabfilter.. is that like a phaser or flanger? That explains the texture on it.

RE: Will Evans: 'Me And My Crew' - JunglestateUnion - 06-08-2021

(05-08-2021, 07:27 PM)Shul Wrote: That means I heard the clipping on the vocal then. Ah, a fabfilter.. is that like a phaser or flanger? That explains the texture on it.
I think you thought there was a limiter on the vocals, he just solves the clipping issues. As for the fabfilter, this is just an equalizer with a spectrum analyzer and small details.

RE: Will Evans: 'Me And My Crew' - supep - 07-08-2021

Hi!
Really nice mix.
I like all the decisions that you take on every track.
Nice job.
Cheers