Discussion Zone
Digital Humans - Relentlessly (Hein-Ivan Mix) - Printable Version

+- Discussion Zone (http://discussion.cambridge-mt.com)
+-- Forum: 'Mixing Secrets' Free Multitrack Download Library: mixing forum (http://discussion.cambridge-mt.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=184)
+--- Forum: Pop, Singer-Songwriter (http://discussion.cambridge-mt.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: Digital Humans: 'Relentlessly' (http://discussion.cambridge-mt.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=712)
+---- Thread: Digital Humans - Relentlessly (Hein-Ivan Mix) (/showthread.php?tid=34793)

Digital Humans - Relentlessly (Hein-Ivan Mix) - heinim - 13-08-2020

My try on this nice song. Thanks for listening!

V2 a bit clearer mix!

RE: Digital Humans - Relentlessly (Hein-Ivan Mix) - crownoise - 13-08-2020

I love the vocals in this mix, a hard one i suppose to mix. I will start one try now on this one and see where i end up Smile.

RE: Digital Humans - Relentlessly (Hein-Ivan Mix) - heinim - 13-08-2020

(13-08-2020, 02:25 PM)crownoise Wrote: I love the vocals in this mix, a hard one i suppose to mix. I will start one try now on this one and see where i end up Smile.
Hello crownoise! Many thanks for the comments and good luck with the mix I'l will listen to it when you post. Cheers!

RE: Digital Humans - Relentlessly (Hein-Ivan Mix) - Friggy - 14-08-2020

Great mix! Vocals sound natural and nice. Somehow I missed this song when it was posted, but your mix made me go download it so I can do a mix of it haha. Sounds like a fun song to work on. Smile

RE: Digital Humans - Relentlessly (Hein-Ivan Mix) - heinim - 14-08-2020

(14-08-2020, 09:23 AM)Friggy Wrote: Great mix! Vocals sound natural and nice. Somehow I missed this song when it was posted, but your mix made me go download it so I can do a mix of it haha. Sounds like a fun song to work on. Smile
Hello Friggy! Yes a fun song to mix. Cheers!

RE: Digital Humans - Relentlessly (Hein-Ivan Mix) - DctrRoss - 25-08-2020

Nice mix, very solid, everything sounds good. I do hear a kind of flutter in the vocal when the drums start. It may be on purpose.

RE: Digital Humans - Relentlessly (Hein-Ivan Mix) - heinim - 25-08-2020

(25-08-2020, 08:00 PM)DctrRoss Wrote: Nice mix, very solid, everything sounds good.  I do hear a kind of flutter in the vocal when the drums start. It may be on purpose.
Hello DctrRoss! Many thanks for that. The flutter in the vocals sounds to me a bit of pitch correction that was applied during rendering of the original bounce, it's nothing that I have added to the vocal. I have no EQ, but some -3 to -4 dB compression + Atlantis reverb on the vocal. Cheers!

RE: Digital Humans - Relentlessly (Hein-Ivan Mix) - DctrRoss - 25-08-2020

(25-08-2020, 09:47 PM)heinim Wrote:
(25-08-2020, 08:00 PM)DctrRoss Wrote: Nice mix, very solid, everything sounds good.  I do hear a kind of flutter in the vocal when the drums start. It may be on purpose.
Hello DctrRoss! Many thanks for that. The flutter in the vocals sounds to me a bit of pitch correction that was applied during rendering of the original bounce, it's nothing that I have added to the vocal. I have no EQ, but some -3 to -4 dB compression + Atlantis reverb on the vocal. Cheers!

I have the vocal so drowned in verb I didn't notice it. Cheers!

Your vocal sounds good with the little you have done to it. I on the other hand have 7 plugins on the vocal track, I'm guessing I wasn't completely happy with what the first 3 or 4 did so I added more instead of taking things off. They probably all end up working against each other in the end.

RE: Digital Humans - Relentlessly (Hein-Ivan Mix) - heinim - 25-08-2020

(25-08-2020, 10:26 PM)DctrRoss Wrote:
(25-08-2020, 09:47 PM)heinim Wrote:

I have the vocal so drowned in verb I didn't notice it. Cheers!

Your vocal sounds good with the little you have done to it.  I on the other hand have 7 plugins on the vocal track, I'm guessing I wasn't completely happy with what the first 3 or 4 did so I added more instead of taking things off. They probably all end up working against each other in the end.
Yes, that can happen. Cheers!

RE: Digital Humans - Relentlessly (Hein-Ivan Mix) - heinim - 27-10-2021

New version V2 a bit clearer mix!