Discussion Zone
Difficult mix, but here it is - Printable Version

+- Discussion Zone (http://discussion.cambridge-mt.com)
+-- Forum: 'Mixing Secrets' Free Multitrack Download Library: mixing forum (http://discussion.cambridge-mt.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=184)
+--- Forum: Alt Rock, Blues, Country Rock, Indie, Funk, Reggae (http://discussion.cambridge-mt.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+---- Forum: Swinging Steaks: 'Lost My Way' (http://discussion.cambridge-mt.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=89)
+---- Thread: Difficult mix, but here it is (/showthread.php?tid=12089)

Pages: 1 2

Difficult mix, but here it is - Cassandra - 14-09-2015

Hi all
See from previous threads that drums seems to be the difficult ones here and I can agree. Not reaaly sure if I am pleased still, but here it is anyway. Took me some freedom to play around a little with the song. If You like it or not, please leave a comment.

/C

RE: Difficult mix, but here it is - juanjose1967 - 17-09-2015

I think you've done a great job with the drums and also the song editing.

Only one thing I didn't like. I think the drums have too much reverb which is too obvious in the beginning of the song. Later you get used to it, but at least for me, it was quite disturbing at first.

RE: Difficult mix, but here it is - Cassandra - 18-09-2015

Yeah you may be right about the reverb. Didn't think about it before but when listening now I can hear some reverb. Don't know if I find it disturbing, but I am not complete satisfied with the drums, maybe I will try to mix them in another way one day when I have time.
Thanks for taking the time to listen and the compliments as well :-) .
/C

RE: Difficult mix, but here it is - Mike Caliri - 10-12-2015

I'VE BEEN WORKING ON THIS ONE.RECORDED A LITTLE STRANGE STEREO TRACKS.

RE: Difficult mix, but here it is - Cassandra - 11-12-2015

(10-12-2015, 03:11 PM)Mike Caliri Wrote: I'VE BEEN WORKING ON THIS ONE.RECORDED A LITTLE STRANGE STEREO TRACKS.

So put it up then...

RE: Difficult mix, but here it is - Mike Caliri - 11-12-2015

(11-12-2015, 12:16 PM)Cassandra Wrote:
(10-12-2015, 03:11 PM)Mike Caliri Wrote: I'VE BEEN WORKING ON THIS ONE.RECORDED A LITTLE STRANGE STEREO TRACKS.

So put it up then...

RE: Difficult mix, but here it is - Cassandra - 11-12-2015

I would prefer if You create your own thread and remove this to not mix things up!! Thanks

Will listen then

/C

RE: Difficult mix, but here it is - k14studios - 16-02-2016

I like that you've done some creative editing. It changes the whole dynamic of the song. I'm not too crazy about the overall mix though. The levels seem balanced and the stereo field seems well rounded, but the EQ needs some serious work. The high end is way over the top. It almost sounds like I've got a blown cone and the driver for the tweeter is the only thing still working. Are you by any chance mixing on headphones?

RE: Difficult mix, but here it is - Cassandra - 22-02-2016

Thanks for listening and I hear what you say :-) Yes I mixed this on headphones and hear now it needs some EQ just as you say. I guess I was to busy being creative :-)
Thanks for your time to comment.

/C

RE: Difficult mix, but here it is - nitelife - 02-03-2018

(22-02-2016, 10:25 PM)Cassandra Wrote: Thanks for listening and I hear what you say :-) Yes I mixed this on headphones and hear now it needs some EQ just as you say. I guess I was to busy being creative :-)
Thanks for your time to comment.

/C
I just joined this discussion, and see that you posted some years back. I'm not new to mixing, however, and just wanted to share my thoughts on your work at this time. I'm sure you have improved by now. Aside from the drums being overly bright, I actually like your overall mix, even better than the one rated at 5 stars (which is muddy imho). There are technicalities that many people get hung up on in their critiques failing to see the positives staring them in the face. Here's my opinion: Your creativity is your strong suit here and I feel you're actually achieving some of the old magic that was in the sound of British mixes that sold many millions of records for the Beatles, Stones, The Who, etc. If you mixed through monitors instead of headphones, I think you could easily bring the drums eq into the scope of the rest of the mix and you would have an excellent sounding piece of work! I hope you continue to be encouraged to "create" like this.