Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fragile Mix
I can't even explain the process, I did so much parallel stuff that I got confused. This was a hard one, the vocals were kinda low and the bleed a real problem. I could feel a lot of booming in it too, maybe the proximity effect. I am not sure about the balance, I would like to feel more power in the vocals, but without the overall mix loosing it's rock vibe and the bleeding spoiling things. check it out and let me know what you guys think.

.mp3    bigstone.mp3 --  (Download: 2.87 MB)

The vibe fits the song.

The shaker is too loud and gets distracting.

The voice is too dry and feels disconnected.

The rythm section balance and sound is pretty good.
Please comment on others mixes, this site is all about feedback.
(04-03-2013, 01:28 AM)Montechiari Wrote: I can't even explain the process, I did so much parallel stuff that I got confused. This was a hard one, the vocals were kinda low and the bleed a real problem. I could feel a lot of booming in it too, maybe the proximity effect. I am not sure about the balance, I would like to feel more power in the vocals, but without the overall mix loosing it's rock vibe and the bleeding spoiling things. check it out and let me know what you guys think.

lovely mix
Stop collecting plugins and hardware. First understand the tool you got and then look for extension when you reach your limit.