Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
this is my mix blue lit moon
The vocals had the craziest dynamic range. They should compressed the vocals coming in. Anybody looked at the wav on the peaks, major clipping. But I did the best i could. I want your comments

.mp3    dadys girl.mp3 --  (Download: 3.66 MB)

Now that I listened back at it I might have needed to add some low end to the bass. It doesn't have any weight.
Hi. I'm downloading your mix, I'll be interested to hear what you've done.

I've analysed the multitracks a little, and I'm just experimenting with something I did on clipped vocals on another project. I don't think you can fix them, but you can do some creative/expressive shaping

Use Terry West RELIFE to shape the clipping a little. Mess with Camel Phat, especially the filter.

I worked on the worst clipped section of the BV's and I think it may have potential in the mix.

OK, had a quick listen. One thing I would suggest it either fix the timing in the bass ('hard' option) or just edit out some parts (check the mix by 'Square Cell' to see this approach)

Listen to Mike Seniors mix to hear the corrected bass timing. It makes a big difference. Beside that I don't mind your Bass tone, it is natural and you seem to have HPFd the sub bass, which I'm also doing.
Me again Blush

Would you like some admiring type comments too?

Your drums, and toms in particular sound Awsome!

Thanks a lot. I've been mixing and recording for about 15 yrs. Stsrted out with hip-hop but it got boring. Just over a year I became fascinated with live instruments. So I'm practicing. All the tracks I've downloaded. So far has a few issues, but I guess they're learning too.