Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 4.75 Average
Hollow Ground - Left Blind W.H.C Mix
ok so I mixed the "Ill Fate" song and sound wise I tried to keep it more natural than I would on something personal. Where as on this one I just wanted to have fun and produce it as I would if the band came to me for a mix down.
So I replaced :
Snare, Kick and toms.
Made my own Room to mix the old recording and samples together.
Gave the song a more modern fat low-end.
I personally like cleaner sounding guitars( when I say cleaner I mean less distortion fuzz) so pod farm diamond head and messiah impulse cab . I Also went for a tiny Hi-gain bass tone to give it that extra " Modern Metal-core" touche.
I also(for the first time ) Tried to use the c6 side-chain function so that the kick/bass and snare/guitars would fit better together while remaining chunky.
and parallel compression on the bass and kick which I never thought about doing before today but its really killer.
Please tell me what you think, ANY CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM would be amazing as I'm still really new to mixing.

.mp3    Hollow Ground - Left Blind.mp3 --  (Download: 6.11 MB)

holy cow, this is more amazing than anything i would expect. i love the snare sound a lot. Your mix is so wide and powerful, like five finger death punch! well done!
Hi Will.H.C
Great mix. So powerfull. Nice creativity with the chorus vocal fx. Drums sounds huge. I like the attack of the snare.
My only sugestion is to cut something around 5k or 6k, hi hats are so prominent in that dangerous zone and it is a little fatigating. Maybe less compression in your master buss or in your mastering stage would benefit the whole song too.
Great mix.
Juanra Ortiz
http://www.lacuevastudio.com
[email protected]
Production | Tracking | Mixing | Mastering
Check out my other mixes here.