Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Just did what i thought was needed
I kinda was in my '' Fear and loathing in las vegas '' zone ...as i would call it haha.

Just did with this track what i thought was needed at the time and hope you guys can give some constructive criticism.

Enjoy! (i hope lol)

.mp3    Big stone culture - Fragile thoughts (Skifeet Mix).mp3 --  (Download: 7.48 MB)

You got to believe in yourself before you can believe in anything else.
I like this mix, i just would have liked the bass drum and the bass louder.

The chorus lacks what all the mixes of this song lacks because of its arrangement, but you could make the chorus bigger by automating the guitars louder.
Please comment on others mixes, this site is all about feedback.
I hear what your'e saying ,i was thinking the exact same thing when i referenced it outside my studio.

Problem is i just rebuilt my studio and my control room is allot smaller then what it used to be and that gave me allot of bass problems.

I also did a mix on ''hollow ground - ill fate '' and then i recognized i had clarity and reverberation problems as well.

I adjusted my room acoustics a bit as well as adjusting my monitors (room control,-2 dB high and -2 Db mid) and it seemed to do the trick.

Let's hope i get it right next time Wink
You got to believe in yourself before you can believe in anything else.
i like the use of delays...and you've been very sympathetic to the flow of the piece.

i also like the way you've tried to thin out the verse, which i think the song needs to maintain an interest - it is a very a/b/a/b/a/b kinda arrangement...so interest is quite difficult to maintain

thanks for taking the time and effort

wease
drummer and recordist from Big Stone Culture