Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Great song...fun with this mix.
Here's my mix of this really kick ass tune. Cheers

.mp3    Passing Ships (AIC Mix).mp3 --  (Download: 9.62 MB)

Nice work Chuck. I like how present the acoustic is. I like the level of the synth pad too. Everything is nice and clean. Did you find yourself using most of the rooms they supplied too?
(07-04-2015, 01:18 AM)jordansears Wrote: Nice work Chuck. I like how present the acoustic is. I like the level of the synth pad too. Everything is nice and clean. Did you find yourself using most of the rooms they supplied too?

Yes, but at lower levels just to get the ambience. Cheers
I like the drums you have here, but I think that your main vocal is too dry. Good work.
Cowbell in the vox track? Tongue A little too much mic 2 on the piano? (The only way I know is there is some distortion on that mic, and I hear in your piano). Maybe a little lacking in low end energy?

Love your balances.

Draper
(08-04-2015, 09:21 PM)loweche6 Wrote: Cowbell in the vox track? Tongue A little too much mic 2 on the piano? (The only way I know is there is some distortion on that mic, and I hear in your piano). Maybe a little lacking in low end energy?

Love your balances.

Draper

Thanks for the feedback. I noticed later as well a need for a little low end eq. Good call on the piano mic2. I found a lot of these tracks recorded a bit hot. And I forgot the cowbell..;-)
I took everyones advice, added more verb to the vox, fixed mic2, added some low energy, and also pushed it all it bit harder through the console emulation and added a bit more drive. Thanks for the advice and feedback. Cheers

.mp3    Passing Ships (Alone In Crowds Final Mix).mp3 --  (Download: 9.69 MB)

Really like it, very smooth though much prefer the 1st voc esp in the opening verses, find that the verb on the 2nd pushes it behind the instruments a bit.
(11-04-2015, 08:45 AM)manuke Wrote: Really like it, very smooth though much prefer the 1st voc esp in the opening verses, find that the verb on the 2nd pushes it behind the instruments a bit.

You are right...pushed that out way too late at night. This morning the verb sounded too much. So here is a better version.

.mp3    Passing Ships (Alone In Crowds Mix).mp3 --  (Download: 9.69 MB)

It's great listening to other people's mixes on the same song, just shows that mixing in itself is a creative process! Here's a few comments if you don't mind:

I think the vocals are a bit on the bright side, because the lead vox is the key element especially at beginning it's important to make the best out of it.

A little bit of work on the drums, the snare is a driving element pushing the song forward, so I think it should be a clearer. Maybe too much room in the mix.

Just my opinions though Smile Keep up the good work!