Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Actions - Devils Words
I went for a modern vibe but keeping it natural sounding.

.mp3    Devils Words- jeremias666.mp3 --  (Download: 4.61 MB)

Please comment on others mixes, this site is all about feedback.
Could still be monitors, but I think your low end is distorting a bit. Your mix is less dark than most that have been posted (mine included). I think your vox may be distorted a touch too? I dunno if I can even trust my speakers right now. I like your balance with each other, but I think your faders just may be a bit too hot in general.

Hope I'm not just making crap up based on faulty listening tools. We'll see when I get my new monitors and my hd 650's.

Cheers

Draper
I used saturation on the voice and used lots of overdrive on the bass, maybe thats what your hearing.

I dont kown about the faders being too hot, you hear lots of digital cliipping?
Yeah, just got in my new HD650's between the time of my first comment and now. I definitely think everything is too loud. Maybe it's a limiting amplifier? I definitely hear distortion across your mix.

There is some saturation i used the sonnox limiter wich has a saturation fader and used a tape emulation. But i dont hear gross cipping/distortion thats distracting or making the mix fall apart. And i didnt clipped the master bus
Hmm, listening today, same headphones, and it does not sound distorted like it did yesterday. . . Hmm. . . Weird. Your mix actually sounds quite nice.
Some headphones need to "break in" before they sound like they suppose to sound. You need to put music or pink noise trhu them for hours before they sound like they should.
Yeah, I ran them with some pink noise for about 10 hrs after my first listen, it probably opened them up a little bit.