Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Georgia wonder,siren.
Hi everybody hope you are all enjoying mixing,now then!this track would of been imposible with my old protools 8 mpowered Big Grin,it was really nice to mixWink. please leave reviews good or bad.thanks

.mp3    Georgie Wonder ,Siren..mp3 --  (Download: 16.51 MB)

Any comments?
Surely this isn't a perfect mix is it???
Hi Cudjoe ,.
I like your mix, It sounds warm and balanced ,Can Hear some low frequency build up ,the bass and kick maybe clashing in some resonant frequencies and competing for space in the 130-180hz area ?The synth sounds like it could be overpowering the mix in the low frequency area around 250-400hz ,maybe a higher hpf or a slight dip in that area ,not much maybe 1-2 db on the synth could give your good mix a touch more punch and air Big Grin.
I'm Also working on a remix too !

Cheers

Please Help Mike Keep This Awesome Educational Site Alive And Become A patron !
https://www.patreon.com/CambridgeMT/posts

(07-04-2015, 08:34 AM)thedon Wrote: Hi Cudjoe ,.
I like your mix, It sounds warm and balanced ,Can Hear some low frequency build up ,the bass and kick maybe clashing in some resonant frequencies and competing for space in the 130-180hz area ?The synth sounds like it could be overpowering the mix in the low frequency area around 250-400hz ,maybe a higher hpf or a slight dip in that area ,not much maybe 1-2 db on the synth could give your good mix a touch more punch and air Big Grin.
I'm Also working on a remix too !

Cheers

Thank you thedon for your review much appreciated, to be honest I can't hear it through my hifi or headphones, but I will try it on another media, thank you again. Cudjoe.
Hi thedon I have tried it my mix on other media but still can't hear the problems you have stated, can anyone else verify?
Gotta say that this mix is really great. Can't really hear much the low end buildup that was mentioned by Thedon, maybe its't his room?
I would rater lower the bass a bit since I know You like when it punches the speakers Cudjoe Big Grin
I really like the little britness you've added to the tracks and the ballance is near perfect.
Also the dymnamics are well tamed.
The only thing that popped a bit too much was the background vocals but my headphones are really sensitive to human voice.
It's also a really well recorded song, credits to Georgia for this one!

Keep up the great work!
Love for music in the world devoid of feelings.
https://www.youtube.com/user/exotrio
(19-11-2015, 11:20 AM)mixingafterhours Wrote: Gotta say that this mix is really great. Can't really hear much the low end buildup that was mentioned by Thedon, maybe its't his room?
I would rater lower the bass a bit since I know You like when it punches the speakers Cudjoe Big Grin
I really like the little britness you've added to the tracks and the ballance is near perfect.
Also the dymnamics are well tamed.
The only thing that popped a bit too much was the background vocals but my headphones are really sensitive to human voice.
It's also a really well recorded song, credits to Georgia for this one!

Keep up the great work!
You are correct not really a bass build up , listening on hd600's ,I think it was my room to blame which I'm in the process of relocating to a larger and hopefully a better tuned room.Blush

Please Help Mike Keep This Awesome Educational Site Alive And Become A patron !
https://www.patreon.com/CambridgeMT/posts

That's what I thought but hey!!! No problem its nice to get feedback, it helps to build a better picture were you are going right or wrong in mixing , thanks again guys Smile
First time I've really heard this song, think this is a great mix, really can't pick a fault. Nice one.