Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Alan Evans Trio_If You Want My Love_mix by Tommy Marcinek
I'd still ease the processing on the kick. Smile
(22-04-2015, 10:28 PM)kapu Wrote: I'd still ease the processing on the kick. Smile

Thanks for your feedback. Yeah, I'll admit I like a prominent kick drum. I'm not sure why. Maybe because I played with a drummer for years who just had the best sounding kick drum I've ever heard and his timing was like a metronome....and always "in the pocket." I had always listened to, and was governed by, that kick in listening to the groove in all the songs we played. So, that might explain it. I realize in mixing I have to be more sensitive to it standing out too much though. Thanks again for your feedback; it's important to me.

Peace....

Tommy
tommymarcinek.com - Tommy Marcinek
Your mix is nice, this song is really hard with all the bleed, those mids really love to build up. Good balances. I like your kick, but I'm a kick junkie. I have to go redo at least 6 hours of mixing, because reaper x32 decided to crash literally milliseconds before I saved (yes, i should have been running them as dedicated processes, however i didn't know that function existed until now) and 90% of my plugins said "hey, let's not work with these instances again, agreed?" Uuuuuuugh. Oh well.

Nice job, but I'm distracted by being pissed off. . . lohwdfl;aswjfo[ghrgilouhaergp;oejwrilbg

Draper
(24-04-2015, 03:50 AM)loweche6 Wrote: Your mix is nice, this song is really hard with all the bleed, those mids really love to build up. Good balances. I like your kick, but I'm a kick junkie. I have to go redo at least 6 hours of mixing, because reaper x32 decided to crash literally milliseconds before I saved (yes, i should have been running them as dedicated processes, however i didn't know that function existed until now) and 90% of my plugins said "hey, let's not work with these instances again, agreed?" Uuuuuuugh. Oh well.

Nice job, but I'm distracted by being pissed off. . . lohwdfl;aswjfo[ghrgilouhaergp;oejwrilbg

Draper

Draper, sorry about your program crashing. THAT has happened to all of us. I save my work after EVERY little change I make. If I move a note or do anything to the audio, or even add in a new plugin I save. I now have a habit of just constantly pressing "Control-S" nearly every 30 seconds. These programs will drive you nuts and I've been there with them crashing at inopportune times and losing hours of work. Thanks for your compliments on my mix. As you, I am a kick lover!! :-)

When you get yours done, drop me a line so I can take a listen.

Tom

Just to clarify, reaper itself didn't crash, but the plugin bridge, and I saved right after it crashed. Saving all of the instances of plugins at 0, with no data running through it. I was actually screwed by saving too much, in essence. I'm about to post mine (it actually ended up helping me strip things down in the long run, losing my fx, I think), so I would love for you to take a listen.

Cheers!

Draper

PS. My mix and touchup are both uploaded now!
Ooo. Fat and open. Two of my favorite things in a funk mix. Wonderful. Awesome.
Would have enjoyed the entire mix though.
PreSonus Studio One DAW
[email protected]
(23-11-2015, 04:29 AM)Mixinthecloud Wrote: Ooo. Fat and open. Two of my favorite things in a funk mix. Wonderful. Awesome.
Would have enjoyed the entire mix though.

Thanks for the kind words.....!!!!!!

Tom