Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Secretariat `Over the Top´ - First mix on new speakers
Hey guys!
I finaly got me some monitors! Before i was always mixing on my headphones, so it was a really new experience - and this is the result.
I would appreciate any comments, i want to know what it sounds elswhere than in my room! ( And i hope my english it not to bad Big Grin )

.mp3    Over the Top.mp3 --  (Download: 9.12 MB)

Sounds great
Good mix, the vibe fits the song.

Snare could have more meat in the low mids and the kick drum a little more weight and definition.

Voice feels a little loud on the sections where some instruments drop.

And some automation would make the mix more exciting. Little things like boosting a drum hit on the downbeat on the beginning of a new section.
Please comment on others mixes, this site is all about feedback.
Thanks for your comment, gonna try yout tips in the next days!
Changed Snare and kick a bit, and adjusted the voc volume in the quiet part, what do you think?
to me the kick has a bit more weight, but i dont know how to get it even more clear...

.mp3    Over the top 2.mp3 --  (Download: 9.12 MB)

(05-04-2015, 10:49 AM)Hainwerker Wrote: Changed Snare and kick a bit, and adjusted the voc volume in the quiet part, what do you think?
to me the kick has a bit more weight, but i dont know how to get it even more clear...

Hi Hainwerker - i think you've got a pretty solid mix going on. To my ears it sounds a bit mid-rangey overall but that's something you can fix quite easily in the master buss EQ - a gentle shelving boost across the top and bottom ( 1-2 db) should help clarity, open the mix up a bit, and balance the mid-range.

cheers
Snare drum could use some more low end power, and the overheads sound a bit too harsh to me. Solo could even be a bit louder too.

But very good mix overall! One of the better ones I've heard on this forum.
Thats a huge compliment - thank you!
Maybe ill do one with the last changes, great to have so many responses!