Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Patrick T - Fool
Hey guys,

Here is a mix I did recently. Please let me know what you guys think. Im happy to explain what I did if any of you are curious Smile.

Also, I gotta say this song is awesome !

Ciao

.mp3    Patrick Talbot - Fool (RGV Mix).mp3 --  (Download: 4.63 MB)

I'm glad you like the song RGV! Your mix has some cool aspects, but also a few things that are not quite there yet.
The drums sound really nice, and the vocals sound good as well. I also like the tone of the rhythm guitars during the solo.
One thing that doesn't sound very good is the bass, it's very "bulky" has a lot of low-end but not much clarity, it's loud and a bit overbearing.
The Rhodes tone is very lackluster, especially during the intro where it's more exposed. I would try to make it "rounder" if you see what I mean, maybe some modulation, better EQ, some delay, something to sweeten the tone that is a bit bland right now.
The rhythm guitars during the solo have a cool tone but they are too loud (louder than the lead), so I would lower their levels.
And finally, I'm sorry that you didn't add any delays on the eyebrows (see my notes in the FAQ sticky about this song).
So in short, some really cool elements, but some issues as well. Fix these ones and I think you'll have a great mix! Smile
"Music, in performance, is a type of sculpture. The air in the performance is sculpted into something." - Frank Zappa

Some air moved here
Hi Patrick, sorry for the late reply I have been destroyed by uni work recently. Thank you very much for your feedback. I like your idea about making the rhodes sweeter and will work on that. Yeah i think I heard the song too many times and kinda got used to some of those level problems haha. Thanks again man. Ciao