Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Justin Paul's Mix
I don't own a mixing studio & my room isn't acoustically treated, unfortunately. I work with KRK VXT 4 & ableton(I used to produce on it quite a lot & I find it easy to work with). I'm only using stock EQ 8 & Compressors to mix this.

I got both guitar rec and I automated the volume to reduce the visible peaks in the tracks. I eqed & compressed them separately. I obviously got rid of the sub/lows as it was clearly mudding everything up. I then got rid of some annoying high freq rings I kept hearing throughout the whole mix, that took me a while. I boosted some highs to get some air(I might have overdone it as I was in doubt most of the time). I panned 1 to the left & the other to the right as I didn't like the mono sound & I thought that this recording deserved to be stereo. I then added 2 reverb(same) as 2 sends. I eqed them separately as well and I then I panned 1 send to the left & 1 to the right(opposite to their 'source')..I thought it gives it a nice effect. And I almost forgot, I delayed the guitar on the R by 0.05ms & the send on the L by 5ms.

Any constructive criticism is welcome(and needed). Hope you enjoyed it.

Regards,

Justin Paul

.mp3    David Young - Long Overdue Full Multitrack Mix.mp3 --  (Download: 12.01 MB)