Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Cnoc An Tursa - Bannockburn (WhyNot mix)
Hi guys, this is my new mix.

.mp3    Plotnik.mp3 --  (Download: 8.98 MB)

(26-03-2015, 09:42 AM)WhyNot Wrote: Hi guys, this is my new mix.

Great mix! The first thing that struck me is that it is ineed very beefy. Huge and very punchy bottom-end, very powerful!
Nice job on getting the synths to cut through the mixture, I had difficulty with that myself and find that some of the mixes posted here do not bring it out very much and instead lets the guitars take all the space.
Personally I would prefer a bit more energy in the high frequencies, especially in the non-vocal parts. The vocal is very clear in the mix, and I belive that is in part due to the low emphasis on high frequency content on the other instruments, but I think that, for example, the cymbals could be gained quite a bit without becoming obtrusive or masking the vocals. Yet again, this could take away the focus from the low-end, which may not be desirable in this context.

Very interesting bass-impact effect in the guitar-only parts. Never thought of doing that myself, but it is very cool. How did you generate it?
(26-03-2015, 09:47 PM)RasmusHoell Wrote:
(26-03-2015, 09:42 AM)WhyNot Wrote: Hi guys, this is my new mix.

Great mix! The first thing that struck me is that it is ineed very beefy. Huge and very punchy bottom-end, very powerful!
Nice job on getting the synths to cut through the mixture, I had difficulty with that myself and find that some of the mixes posted here do not bring it out very much and instead lets the guitars take all the space.
Personally I would prefer a bit more energy in the high frequencies, especially in the non-vocal parts. The vocal is very clear in the mix, and I belive that is in part due to the low emphasis on high frequency content on the other instruments, but I think that, for example, the cymbals could be gained quite a bit without becoming obtrusive or masking the vocals. Yet again, this could take away the focus from the low-end, which may not be desirable in this context.

Very interesting bass-impact effect in the guitar-only parts. Never thought of doing that myself, but it is very cool. How did you generate it?

Thx for comment! This effect advised me my friend. This effect is named subdrop.
great mix i think Smile but i have a question. How do you do guitar mix? do you use axe fx?
(14-04-2015, 12:46 AM)Gusgktg Wrote: great mix i think Smile but i have a question. How do you do guitar mix? do you use axe fx?

Thank you! But unfortunately, I do not remember, what I used to mix guitars in that track :/
Sorry for late reply.
Good work mate. Sort of nailed it there.
I hear you sampled ALL snare tracks and either moved and dropped bass drum parts throughout entire song or sampled them too. Not a bad attempt. Double kick might of needed variation. Didnt hear enough of synths but I'm listening on phone speakers, could be me. Good overall feel captured well. Lacks a bit of energy going into different parts, but only a tiny bit. A 1-2db rise for some parts might have pushed song in and out of a constantly same level throughout. But thats just knit picking.
Good effort.
James
London