Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Big Head Todd & The Monsters: 'Hey Delilah'
My mix on Hey Delilah
Any comment welcomed

.mp3    Big Head Todd & The Monsters Hey Delilah.mp3 --  (Download: 6.66 MB)

Good Energy , nice mix , right balance between instruments, the only thing I think can be better will be bigger dipper sound stage
and wider freq range what I am missing is very low and very high, check out my mix to hear what I am talking about.
but any way nice mix, one of the better ones out of the 6 Hey Delilah's that I listen to. : ) David
Hey there, nice work on this. Just a few thoughts to consider:

Could you notch out the nasty ring on the snare? In the intro it's quite prominent and could do with just a small cut with a really narrow bandwidth. Also maybe get a transient designer or tighten up the compression on the snare to give it a more punch. Drums could in general maybe do with being a bit more in-your-face.

Vocals are a little far back in the mix for me. Maybe layer a couple of compressors so you don't have one compressor doing all the work to bring it more up front. At the moment it's being lost behind the big buzzy guitars.

With the tambourine I'd suggest applying a high-pass filter so it's just adding a bit of shimmer on the top.

Finally maybe drop the bass back a bit and/or cut out some low mid on it to give yourself a bit more space for vocals. You could also cut the low on the hammond for the same reason.

Hope that helps, just some ideas. Great job overall, really enjoyed listening to it.
Great mix. Love the hammond.
Vocals need to be up a bit and more in your face.
I reckon it just needs more volume. Also in the BGV.
Man I love those keys!
Cheers ... Perry.

Really like your guitars. And your drums sounds I either copied or we think the same! I have no problems with your vocal levels. I think the bass guitar may be a touch too prominent. Listening to room mic the bass is completely overwhelming and spoils the mix. It was a challenge to get the bass guitar right. I did some funny things to mine to get it lay properly and still retain a character from the room. All in all, a solid mix.
PreSonus Studio One DAW
[email protected]