Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
M,E,R,C,Music, Knockout,2018 mix
hi everybody why did,nt anyone tell me that i left a vocal track out?Huhanyway i have uploaded another mix, honest reviews only pleaseSmile

.mp3    M,E,R,C, music..knockout.mp3 --  (Download: 10.22 MB)

Hi!
The mix has two common problems of yours: the high end is cut and the low end is boosted too much.
The vocals sit well in the mix but i think the edit excerpt version on the site has a parallel compression added on them with some serious squashing going on.
I find this to be a good idea when it comes to this kinda of beats.
Also try parallel compression on the whole mix bus.
I think this way You'll get what You want: a nice fat, hitting mix, stable, clear vocals and a lot of energy.
And that's what rap is all about IMHO Smile
Also don't hesitate to bright up the symbols a little bit. They could use some more sparkle.

Keep on going!
Love for music in the world devoid of feelings.
https://www.youtube.com/user/exotrio
(29-03-2015, 10:41 PM)mixingafterhours Wrote: Hi!
The mix has two common problems of yours: the high end is cut and the low end is boosted too much.
The vocals sit well in the mix but i think the edit excerpt version on the site has a parallel compression added on them with some serious squashing going on.
I find this to be a good idea when it comes to this kinda of beats.
Also try parallel compression on the whole mix bus.
I think this way You'll get what You want: a nice fat, hitting mix, stable, clear vocals and a lot of energy.
And that's what rap is all about IMHO Smile
Also don't hesitate to bright up the symbols a little bit. They could use some more sparkle.

Keep on going!

Hi mixingafterhours made some adjustments,once again thanks for you reviewWink what do you think?

.mp3    M,E,R,C, music .knockout mx 2.mp3 --  (Download: 10.16 MB)

Hi everyone, I have revisited the track and made some adjustments, thanks for your reply mixingafterhours please leave feedback about this mix, good or bad. Thanks.
(09-05-2016, 05:21 PM)Cudjoe Wrote: It has been a while since i mixed a hip hop track so i thought i give this one another go,all honest reviews are welcomed.

hello my friend, at the beginning of the song I notice he has too much volume in general, the voice rap has much volume compared with the chorus. the hype needs more attack, you will have to turn down the bass. SNARE need to turn up the treble. the hats should accentuate, ie; in acute equalize up to where it sounds tasty, the voice sounds make him cased a cut 500Hz ie at that frequency in the bájale equalizer at least 1dB and dale presence by 5000 Hz and a little shine by 8000Hz and up 1db from 10000 to 20000. so the you can improve your mix ... and bájale general subject. recalls pump up the voice of the chorus. Please note that the EQ includes a mixture of all instruments because each has its presence, clarity and depth. after that you you take care to balance the volumes of instrument and listen Tbsp're all adjusting their equalizaciones a little more as warranted. how are you not working compressions, you would work as follows: -25 to care for all instruments including vocals and discarding the hat. the ratio for serious voices 3.01 for instruments like working in the mids and highs. for bass and toms 4.01 and 5.01 for the hype. I hope my review will be helpful and that other mixtures also can help.Smile
Hi again thanks for your comments Smile Final mix 2016, what do you guys think?

.mp3    M,E,R,C, music,Knockout FINAL MIX CUDJOE 2016.mp3 --  (Download: 10.17 MB)

My 2018 mix.

.mp3    M,E,R,C Music Knock out 2018 mix.mp3 --  (Download: 10.15 MB)

Reaper user
Any comments?
Reaper user
Hey Cudjoe

As your mix progressed, the 2018 mix Bottom end got really tight, nice! Great tone on the vocals, fit the genre nicely. Only thing I hear is in the chorus when the synths and strings come up it sounds like something is clipping in there or maybe a couple of synth clashing. That being said, awesome mix!!

Cheers
K
Gear:-Zoom R24 interface, controller - Cubase/Reaper - Assorted Waves, Airwindows suite, AKG K240 Cans, Event TR5 reference monitors.
Thanks for your review Kirk,the clipping on the synth and strings was done deliberately to add more grit and energy,thanks again.
Reaper user