Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Darkride - Dead Enemies mix
Hello,

this is my first post on these forums and obviously my first mix as well.

I think it turned out alright, I'm especially pleased with the over the top toms. I had serious trouble with the vocals though.

I'm merely a hobbyist with cheap gear so please go easy on me.

Best Regards,
Atte Marttinen

.mp3    Darkride-Dead_Enemies_Mix1.mp3 --  (Download: 13.69 MB)

Hey Atte,

thumbs up! Very solid and balanced mix. Maybe some volume issues (e.g. the lead and acoustic at the beginning or vocals with different volume level) but beside that i really like your mix.

Cheers, Eric
Good balance overall. Just some automation of volume here and there. The overall tonal balance seems off. The mix sounds a bit recessed and in need of some shelf boost and some clearing up of the midrange. Good first mix though.
too much reverb for my taste. the guitars could come up a bit and the mix itself is a little bit muddy, but it is still a powerfull mix with the typical flaws:

- snare sample a little bit too loud (in the bastbeat from 3:49 - 4:07)
- "Dead Enemies"-phrase at 1:42 wasn't meant to be used without changing it drastically

Without changing it, the phrase is a) not in time, and b) it destroys the flow of the song because it wasn't there in the first place (I added it later in the mix). It should sound like some soft of fx instead - like in this example:

.mp3    Example.mp3 --  (Download: 347.34 KB)