Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Devil´s Word´s MASTER
This is my version. Comments?

.mp3    Actions Devild´s Word´s.mp3 --  (Download: 7.47 MB)

Good job on the overall mix. However, to me it seems like your drums are kind of thin. In my opinion, I would have used a fatter snare and mixed it with the snare that you used to get the resonance of the bigger snare while still have the attack of the snare you used. And maybe a little plate reverb on the snare and toms to give them a little deeper tone.

At 2:24, the guitars start to overpower the vocals. Automate that section to achieve a good balance between the vocals and guitars.

Those are just a couple things that stuck out to me. I am sure there is people on here much more knowledgeable than I am that can give you more in-depth criticism. However, I really like this mix. I think you nailed the guitar tone.
Thanx! =)

(21-02-2013, 07:09 PM)ScottTurek Wrote: Good job on the overall mix. However, to me it seems like your drums are kind of thin. In my opinion, I would have used a fatter snare and mixed it with the snare that you used to get the resonance of the bigger snare while still have the attack of the snare you used. And maybe a little plate reverb on the snare and toms to give them a little deeper tone.

At 2:24, the guitars start to overpower the vocals. Automate that section to achieve a good balance between the vocals and guitars.

Those are just a couple things that stuck out to me. I am sure there is people on here much more knowledgeable than I am that can give you more in-depth criticism. However, I really like this mix. I think you nailed the guitar tone.

Nice mix Jepard !

A few points i'd like to notice, but there are really few things to improve to make your mix sounds like hell !
First of all, and it jumped to me right away : cymbals are a little loud and harsh in the 6-8k region.
Guitar sound really good, but a little too low i think. For ex, clean choruses guitars at 2'24 tend to be higher than the distorted ones. The first side effect is that i focus on the drums before the rest.
And this leads me to another small thing but very important one : i listened on crappy pc speakers and Auratone, and i just can't hear the bass. Maybe a little distorsion could help it cutting through the mix in every situation ? Or could you maybe try to make it more powerfull in its medium high region ?
Lead vocals could be a little more compressed, like what we usually do in this sort of music, to make it upfront the mix.

Well, few things... to resume : less drums and softer cymbals and hat, more guitars, voice more compressed and upfront, bass to work, and clean guitars to lower a bit. But it's a really nice and powerfull mix you did here ! congrat's. Had fun too mixing that song myself.

Cheers from France