Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hey Delilah Blue Bus Mix
Hi,

Hey delilah

Blue Bus.

.mp3    Hey Delilah Blue Bus Mix.mp3 --  (Download: 13.74 MB)

Your mix is way too boomy, and vocals have a crazy amount of low end witch gets in the way of the guitars to cut through..
Plus there is no high end on those guitars, its a rock song you need that fizzle from the amps..

hi,

i agree with the highs...but i think the mp3 compression sucked that out.
so i take it ...its a case of different reference environments. it doesnt sound boomy in my studio or on headphones. also vocals are pretty thin tbh.

Regards,
Blue Bus.

(12-03-2015, 03:06 PM)gopener Wrote: Your mix is way too boomy, and vocals have a crazy amount of low end witch gets in the way of the guitars to cut through..
Plus there is no high end on those guitars, its a rock song you need that fizzle from the amps..

I strongly recommend to hear your mixes in different environment, cars laptop speakers etc, and in different rooms.Also and most importantly do that with the music you like.

My point is to start hearing and understand what is giving the energy on instruments-vocals and you may be surprised in the future.

As for the high end , first mp3 will suck some of it but rather way if there is a nice high end in compere to the entire mix it will not contrast that way.

At that point i would like to say that as any frequency spectrum high end may sound to you crowd enough (in this case harsh) and you may feel the need to dial down but the case may be that you have to tweak it differently to not let it class together in between track.

In the end the only thing that matters is to listen a ton of music that you feel the mixes are awesome and try to understand them, is the best way to learn along with mixing and see what works and what don't.

(13-03-2015, 04:19 AM)Blue Bus Wrote: hi,

i agree with the highs...but i think the mp3 compression sucked that out.
so i take it ...its a case of different reference environments. it doesnt sound boomy in my studio or on headphones. also vocals are pretty thin tbh.

Regards,
Blue Bus.

(12-03-2015, 03:06 PM)gopener Wrote: Your mix is way too boomy, and vocals have a crazy amount of low end witch gets in the way of the guitars to cut through..

point taken....on that note is there any one else who concurs with gopener or does the mix actually sound right....
atleast not boomy....

plz clarify the doubts.....i am ready to begin again if i am wrong.

blue bus
It does sound boomy and VERY low-mid heavy, actually...
I suggest referencing some Professionaly mixed material of the same genere during the mixing & mastering process. I always check my mixes against Green Day's American Idiot (Mixed by Chris Lord Alge).
It just gives you a different perspective; Just a few seconds into the song and I can tell weather my tracks are EQ'd and balanced properly...
Those professional mixes are what your mix "Should" sound like.