Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 2.33 Average
Forkupines - Semantics
Hi, everyone.

This is my first mix on the Cambridge Music Technology website.

I've been interested in audio production for around ten years, but only been taking it seriously over the last six. Having completed a HND in Music Technology and just wrapping up my BA in Sound Production.

Anyway, here is my mix of Semantics by Forkupines. Any and all feedback welcome.

.mp3    Forkupines - Semantics.mp3 --  (Download: 10.35 MB)

I'm not listening on my Monitors so I can't comment on the balance & EQing right now (I might have another look at it later)
But it seems like everything's in Mono, perhaps an issue when bouncing?
I bounced it down as stereo.

I did pan the guitars hard, but with different takes to fill the stereo field.

As for the drums, the toms were panned hard but I did keep the overhead triggers quite prominent too.
Are you sure it's bounced stereo?
Listening through my monitors, it again looks like its mono, and it sounds as if there's a bit of phase-issues going on with the guitars...
The toms are dead-center as well, so it must be mono...
It sounds mono for sure.
Please comment on others mixes, this site is all about feedback.
(08-03-2015, 06:11 PM)Bill Gandon Wrote: Hi, everyone.

This is my first mix on the Cambridge Music Technology website.

I've been interested in audio production for around ten years, but only been taking it seriously over the last six. Having completed a HND in Music Technology and just wrapping up my BA in Sound Production.

Anyway, here is my mix of Semantics by Forkupines. Any and all feedback welcome.

sounds awesome if only it were in stereo please fix cause u did good on this one!!!
Hi Bill,

Sorry, but I have to agree it's mono. It didn't bounce in Mono though. I listened on a few good monitors and switched back and forth from stereo to mono, all that happened is when I switched to mono it became a little more narrow and it was off center to the right a bit. In stereo it sounded a tad bit wider but very close to mono listens. and I agree with andrew0v it does sound great. I always check my mixes in mono to catch any phase issues and things that are out of balance or dissapear. Now that you've got that done, check your signal flow from top to bottom and make sure you DAW isn't set wrong somehow.

TC