Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Progresivo 1 - Alone In Crowds Mix
Here's my mix. I under dubbed a few tracks to focus on the more important parts. I also tried to bring it some dynamics and energy.

Cheers
Chuck Moe
Alone In Crowds Music

.mp3    Progresivo 1, El Vuelo (Alone In Crowds Mix).mp3 --  (Download: 9.01 MB)

Hi Chuck,

Very energetic mix ! Pretty good balance as well !
I found the cymbals a bit too harsh.
The rhythm guitars are bit loud too me compared to the chorus guitar.

So good job here Smile
(09-03-2015, 10:42 AM)Mandubien Wrote: Hi Chuck,

Very energetic mix ! Pretty good balance as well !
I found the cymbals a bit too harsh.
The rhythm guitars are bit loud too me compared to the chorus guitar.

So good job here Smile

Thanks for the good feedback!
(08-03-2015, 05:11 PM)chuck moe Wrote: Here's my mix. I under dubbed a few tracks to focus on the more important parts. I also tried to bring it some dynamics and energy.

Cheers
Chuck Moe
Alone In Crowds Music

Man, this is powerful! Thanks for mixing my song!
As many of the other guys who mixed it, I really envy the snare on the first section (the fast hits). Just three little suggestions: maybe putting the feedback track a little behind by volume and delay/reverb could sound better (I made that thinking about placing it "far" and/or "behind") and putting some extra or longer reverb on the snare in the "megaman section" (when it changes the pattern) could glue it to the rest of the drums better.
And that arrangement after the solo, when the song slows down maybe more centered and with reverb (behind again) could work better (feels a little sharp to me).
Thank you for mixing! I really enjoying -and learning- from you and the other people mixing. Please give me some suggestions on my mix ( https://soundcloud.com/pmartinchile/prog...1-el-vuelo ) and let me know if you have some songs here to try them!
bye!
pm
(09-03-2015, 10:34 PM)Pmartin Wrote:
(08-03-2015, 05:11 PM)chuck moe Wrote: Here's my mix. I under dubbed a few tracks to focus on the more important parts. I also tried to bring it some dynamics and energy.

Cheers
Chuck Moe
Alone In Crowds Music

Man, this is powerful! Thanks for mixing my song!
As many of the other guys who mixed it, I really envy the snare on the first section (the fast hits). Just three little suggestions: maybe putting the feedback track a little behind by volume and delay/reverb could sound better (I made that thinking about placing it "far" and/or "behind") and putting some extra or longer reverb on the snare in the "megaman section" (when it changes the pattern) could glue it to the rest of the drums better.
And that arrangement after the solo, when the song slows down maybe more centered and with reverb (behind again) could work better (feels a little sharp to me).
Thank you for mixing! I really enjoying -and learning- from you and the other people mixing. Please give me some suggestions on my mix ( https://soundcloud.com/pmartinchile/prog...1-el-vuelo ) and let me know if you have some songs here to try them!
bye!
pm

Thanks for the feedback. I really enjoyed the drums on this track. I listened to your mix prior to starting mine and felt it could use more dynamics so I purposely tried to get more energy into the mix using automation and even and a little expansion. I kept the mix at -16 lufs as any louder and I lost dynamics. Cheers. Looking forward to hear more of your work.
Hi! as I said in other thread, I´m in the middle of my second major so my social life kinda died, so sorry for not answering before. Said that, I have a question: what is a lufs and why is it better to keep it a t that level?
I do agree with you about dynamics. About my music, this year I chose an executive producer who is helping me organizing my music. I have 38 more songs to compose, most of them are Metal like this one and some heavy rock music. I really want to upload them and get some feedback from you guys after recording.