Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 4.33 Average
Avalon - All i know 80s mix and overdubs
Went for and 80s vibe.

Added a bass in a Peter Hook style at the end.

Added some choir synth doubling a melody the piano did.

Added a dotted 8 delay on the hi hat on some sections to change the rythm vibe a little.

Added some cymbals accents.

And did a little cheesy arrangement change muting the drum and bass for a couple of bars

.mp3    All i know - Jeremias666 mix.mp3 --  (Download: 6.01 MB)

Please comment on others mixes, this site is all about feedback.
This is loud
and distorts a bit too
the cheesy mute of drum and bass works great, Im not so sure about the added synth vox. It seems one note is out of context, to my ears, when it plays a deep C over a G chord right after "All I know"
I think your levels are good and the overall sound isnt bad.
Just that mastering thing you know, no dynamics, I always rave about ...
Old ears, old gear, little boy inside love music and sounds and my wife, not necessarily in that order
Is loud and a little saturated on purpouse but nowhere as close as MGMT wich is what i used as a reference because this song made me think about them.
Please comment on others mixes, this site is all about feedback.
Good sounding mix is the kick a tad loud tho.
Not that loud really,no where commercial level.
Good work
Sounds good to me ,I like your creative ides and how you glued every thing together Big Grin

Please Help Mike Keep This Awesome Educational Site Alive And Become A patron !
https://www.patreon.com/CambridgeMT/posts

Nice work Jeremias666, Good balanced sound with plenty of life. Found guitar solo to have a slight harshness at times, could be my monitoring, but it's only minor. Nice mutes and sweetening, works well within context of the song.
Still bummed that my vocal break and the record scratches get buried. I kinda like the Peter Hook thing...but I'm not sure about the progression. It does sound a tad off. Still, overall....I really like the mix and the feel of your version. Great job!! Big Grin

- Matt
Keys, Programming, Backing Vox
Avalon
Excellent mix!!! I enjoyed it a lot. very truthful to the 80's sound