Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Revelations. New mix.
New mix of Revelations.

.mp3    Revelations-2015-2.mp3 --  (Download: 9.99 MB)

It's good.

I think the vocals need more presence but the tone on everything else sounds decent to me. (When I turn down the volume a few dBs, the vocals kinda go flat and fall back into the mix.)

I think in the "inbetween" parts you might try a bit of volume automation to bring up the guitars (and maybe the bass as well) to fill in the gaps. Like on a stage. Someone's always up front and when the vocalist walks away (or takes his mic away), someone else comes forward to fill in.

That's the only thing that really stuck out to me.
Old West Audio
(06-03-2015, 04:38 AM)azwayne Wrote: It's good.

I think the vocals need more presence but the tone on everything else sounds decent to me. (When I turn down the volume a few dBs, the vocals kinda go flat and fall back into the mix.)

I think in the "inbetween" parts you might try a bit of volume automation to bring up the guitars (and maybe the bass as well) to fill in the gaps. Like on a stage. Someone's always up front and when the vocalist walks away (or takes his mic away), someone else comes forward to fill in.

That's the only thing that really stuck out to me.

Thanks for the comment.
It is possible that the vocals need some compression: I didn’t apply compression anywhere, except on the kick and the snare (I liked the original dynamics of the tape recording). Your idea of bringing up the guitars on the inbetween parts is good, I feel some gap there too.