Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3.5 Average
Big Dummy Shake (Soncesvit mix)
Hi! This is my version)
Cool song! Cool

.mp3    Moosmusic - Big Dummy Shake (Soncesvit mix).mp3 --  (Download: 7.51 MB)

DAW: Cubase Pro 8.5
That's just awesome! I was thinking of uploading my mix tonight, but I might just wait a while now.....! I was listening to this on headphones and the bass was still punching me in the chest and making my cabinets rattle. I love the way it all sits together nicely and just rips out of the speakers. There were a couple of spots where it sounded just a little too packed in, but it was just a passing thing (and quite possibly just my ears, after this evening's Long Island Iced Tea...) and really not what you'd call noticeable - I'm just trying to offer something more constructive than just "that's awesome", which, did I mention, it is.....
(16-12-2016, 01:23 PM)Dr.Gerry Wrote: That's just awesome! I was thinking of uploading my mix tonight, but I might just wait a while now.....! I was listening to this on headphones and the bass was still punching me in the chest and making my cabinets rattle. I love the way it all sits together nicely and just rips out of the speakers. There were a couple of spots where it sounded just a little too packed in, but it was just a passing thing (and quite possibly just my ears, after this evening's Long Island Iced Tea...) and really not what you'd call noticeable - I'm just trying to offer something more constructive than just "that's awesome", which, did I mention, it is.....

Thanks a lot, Dr.Gerry) I am very pleased to receive such a positive review!) Cool
It sounds pretty good overall. Here's what I hear:

The guitar in the verse on the right is a little loud and big and distracts from the vocal. I feel like it could probably be thinner. At least during the verse.
The chorus could be a bigger than the verse. I know the guitars are more dominant during the verse so the chorus feels "lighter". Maybe different vocal effects or something.
The bass is a little loud in the bridge.
There's one particular hit at about 3:03 that's sound and sticks out to me.

That's it really. It sounds nice. Good job.
(20-12-2016, 04:34 PM)RoyMatthews Wrote: It sounds pretty good overall. Here's what I hear:

The guitar in the verse on the right is a little loud and big and distracts from the vocal. I feel like it could probably be thinner. At least during the verse.
The chorus could be a bigger than the verse. I know the guitars are more dominant during the verse so the chorus feels "lighter". Maybe different vocal effects or something.
The bass is a little loud in the bridge.
There's one particular hit at about 3:03 that's sound and sticks out to me.

That's it really. It sounds nice. Good job.

Thanks, Roy!

Perhaps you are right that wrote about guitars. I most specialize in rock music and so maybe, I often have a desire to make a big guitar. Most often, it sounds good, but sometimes not very good. Perhaps this is the case.

Thank you for your feedback. It is important to me.