Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pray for the Rain
Sounding great Jeff - I like it ! I had the perception that maybe a tiny bit too much bottom end was taken of the solo guitar, but we could tweak forever Smile

Thanks again

Thomas
(18-10-2015, 10:26 PM)ThomasStevenson Wrote: Sounding great Jeff - I like it ! I had the perception that maybe a tiny bit too much bottom end was taken of the solo guitar, but we could tweak forever Smile
Thomas

I tweaked anyway Smile Now I'm happy with the mix. (It never ceases to amaze me how the smallest of EQ adjustments on a full mix make such a big change.)

.mp3    Pray for the Rain - Mastered.mp3 --  (Download: 12.58 MB)

All sound is a distortion of silence / soundcloud.com/jeffd42
Sounds great Jeff - yeah, those last eq tweaks take me forever to. The last 10 percent of the mix takes 90 percent of the time Smile

I've just finished my mix of our next track and those last eq tweaks took me a long time !

Cheers

Thomas
Following Mike's review of this mix in the July Patrons Podcast, I took another listen to the mix and master. Rather than go back to the multitracks, I took this as an opportunity to try a new set of mastering plugins. It doesn't address everything that was called out (correctly) in the mix, but I thought the results interesting.

Updated on the first post.
All sound is a distortion of silence / soundcloud.com/jeffd42