Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My Version of "Set Me Free"
Hi all

Here's my version of this song hope you like it P. Talbot
Comments are Welcome!

Cheers!

.mp3    Set me free (by Pyramid_Pro).mp3 --  (Download: 10.86 MB)

Fabian
Cool mix Pyramid Pro. I like what you did.
A few things that I've found could be better, which is more about levels than tone, as everything is sounding pretty nice:
The loop during the verses is quite loud, especially compared to the vocals. So I would invert that ratio, possibly using a LPF or high shelf cut on the loop as well. I like the ambience/reverb used on the vocals though.
The bass is a tad loud/honky too, especially during the verses. It works fine during the solo parts where it plays more staccato.
The keys during the solo could be a tad louder, it's a little bit masked by the horns section.
The rhythm guitars during the guitar solo are a bit loud, could get lowered a little bit.
So in short a few level tweaks should be enough because you've got all the tones right. Good job!

"Music, in performance, is a type of sculpture. The air in the performance is sculpted into something." - Frank Zappa

Some air moved here
Thanks for your comments Patrick. I will try to fix those things and upload it again ;-)
Fabian
Hi
Here's my updated mix hope you like it. Comments welcomed!

.mp3    Set me free new (PyPro).mp3 --  (Download: 10.89 MB)

Fabian
Sounds better to me now Pyramid Pro!
You cracked me up with the vinyl noises during the intro though! Wink
Great job.
"Music, in performance, is a type of sculpture. The air in the performance is sculpted into something." - Frank Zappa

Some air moved here
Thanks Patrick
Fabian