Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Black Out Betty - Take 1
Hey It's my first post-up on here so let me know what you think Smile

P.S.
I know the kick is a bit floppy and a tad loud, with a snare that's to quiet I played with it a bit but in .Wav or ProTools sounds great so that needs adjusting. The rest seams to come in a bit boxy and the 3-500hz range was getting soft after a few bounces so I'm going to stop putting idea's in your head before you listen... Enjoy!

.mp3    Black Out Betty.mp3 --  (Download: 5.85 MB)

These multitracks were very difficult. Wasn’t they? From that point of view your mix sounds very good to my ears. You should send it to Crowdaudio competition.

My suggestions:
Just a little bit air to vox
Rap voice could be more front
Actually I couldn’t hear the kick andd also the snare could be slightly louder.
Add limiter to master buss to normalise your mix. Now the rms-level is very low.
Well thanks for the feedback, I was playing around with side-chaining the kick through a Gate with a Sine and White Noise generator and didn't found it was coming through heavily so I tuned it back. The side-chained compressor on the bass-guitar bus maybe is a bit low also hearing it again.

Thanks again for the feedback and I'll have to check out the Crowdaudio Competition I haven't heard of them before.
http://crowdaudio.com/competition/banned...und-sound/

14 hours left to submit your mix
(03-03-2015, 03:24 AM)Insythor Wrote: Hey It's my first post-up on here so let me know what you think Smile

P.S.
I know the kick is a bit floppy and a tad loud, with a snare that's to quiet I played with it a bit but in .Wav or ProTools sounds great so that needs adjusting. The rest seams to come in a bit boxy and the 3-500hz range was getting soft after a few bounces so I'm going to stop putting idea's in your head before you listen... Enjoy!

Cool mix. I do miss the drums though. But I think you maybe made the artistic decision to make them low in the mix?

- audioMan