Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Burning Bridges - ReMix
Here's my remix, feedback much appreciated..

.mp3    BurningBridgesReMix.mp3 --  (Download: 8.5 MB)

Sounds great!

This is my own preference, but you could lower the low end of the bass/mix and the snare could be just a little bit louder Wink
Good mix, lovin it. Attention to detail, good separation, everything is in it's place, it's not to bright, not too dark - there's not much I can critizise. It's on par with Takkas latest mix. I would hire you as a mixer for this song =)
(04-03-2015, 02:07 PM)Blitzzz Wrote: Good mix, lovin it. Attention to detail, good separation, everything is in it's place, it's not to bright, not too dark - there's not much I can critisize. It's on par with Takkas latest mix. I would hire you as a mixer for this song =)

Hey Blitzzz, thanks a lot for listening and your feedback. If you need a mixer let me know Smile
Good job mate! The only thing that stands out as a problem is a ringing in the snare around 500-1,000 Hz. The guitars sound is nice and aggressive and the phaser effect at 1:40 is really cool and really makes the chorus stand out. The Lo-Fi vocals need to come up a bit would benefit from being thinned out in the low mids. The relationship between the low end elements in the track are well managed and the result is powerful and punchy yet not overpowering the rest of the track. Overall your mix is great, just do some reductive eq on the snare to tame the ring and the mix will be perfect. Smile
Mixing is way more art and soul than science. We don’t really know what we’re doing. We do it because we love music! It’s the love of music first. Eddie Kramer

Gear list: Focusrite Scarlett 18i20, Mbox Mini w/Pro Tools Express, Reaper, Various plugins, AKG K240 MKii, Audio Technica ATH M50x, Yorkville YSM 6