Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 2 Average
Dark Ride - Dead Enemies (WhyNot)
Hi all, this is my new mix.

p.s. no automatization.

.mp3    Dark-Ride-Dead-Enemies-NO-Auto.mp3 --  (Download: 13.33 MB)

Most of the "clean" guitars are DI guitars that you have to reamp - you shouldn't use them "clean". This is not a funky disco song from the 70's. The solo guitar in the end needs to be reamped as well. The vocal part at 1:43 can't be used without any sort of delay/reverb/pitch/strecht/glitch fx. Right now it sounds like the mixer screwed that part up. it should sound like the example (see below).

The snare sample in the blast beat is way too loud and completely destroys the groove. Compare it with the blast beat in the original mix and you know what i mean:

http://www.previews.cambridge-mt.com/Dea...review.mp3

Other than that your mix sounds okay, but it's very static and lacks excitement and energy. It would sound much better with automation - if you fix all the parts that sound weird.

.mp3    Example.mp3 --  (Download: 347.34 KB)

(01-03-2015, 07:58 PM)Blitzzz Wrote: Most of the "clean" guitars are DI guitars that you have to reamp - you shouldn't use them "clean". This is not a funky disco song from the 70's. The solo guitar in the end needs to be reamped as well. The vocal part at 1:43 can't be used without any sort of delay/reverb/pitch/strecht/glitch fx. Right now it sounds like the mixer screwed that part up. it should sound like the example (see below).

The snare sample in the blast beat is way too loud and completely destroys the groove. Compare it with the blast beat in the original mix and you know what i mean:

http://www.previews.cambridge-mt.com/Dea...review.mp3

Other than that your mix sounds okay, but it's very static and lacks excitement and energy. It would sound much better with automation - if you fix all the parts that sound weird.

"p.s. no automatization."
New version.

.mp3    Dark Ride - Dead Enemies (Experiment Version).mp3 --  (Download: 13.33 MB)

Decent balance but I also feel the mix sounds static and I think the reason why is that the mix is so slammed with a limiter that you taken all the dynamics out. The mix is also clipping a little bit and causing distortion throughout the track. Pull back on the limiter a bit.
chuck is right, the balance is nice, but the mix is too smashed. on top of that you still ignore all the small little details that need to be fixed which i have allready mentioned in my first post. the snare sample is still too loud in the blast beat and totally destroying the impact, and there is no solo in the last part which is a shame Smile
(19-03-2015, 06:24 PM)Blitzzz Wrote: chuck is right, the balance is nice, but the mix is too smashed. on top of that you still ignore all the small little details that need to be fixed which i have allready mentioned in my first post. the snare sample is still too loud in the blast beat and totally destroying the impact, and there is no solo in the last part which is a shame Smile

All in good time, bro. Thank you for advice Smile
btw you should read the FAQ for this song - I just did an update today that will probably help you.

http://discussion.cambridge-mt.com/showt...6#pid29096

cheers and keep up the good work,
Blitzzz
undefined