Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 2 Average
Dead enemies
This song (especially the sound of guitars) reminds me of some songs in Devil May Cry 3 (it was a great game for ps2 btw) so I mixed it. I think that I now have that metal vibe in it. If I am wrong just give some critics, if I am not than constructive feedback (but do not bash me for the gear I use) is welcome.

.mp3    dead enemies.mp3 --  (Download: 13.33 MB)

My advice: You should listen to the allready mixed version before you mix this song. you can download it here:

http://www.previews.cambridge-mt.com/Dea...review.mp3

It's a good very good idea for everyone to use this mix as a reference - not for the sound, but for the structure of the song. If you listen to the tracks of Dead Enemies without any mixing you won't hear a song - you just hear a bunch of different parts. There is no flow, the song doesn't have a simple ABABCAB structure. You need all your mixing skills (and i don't mean eq and compression) to glue all parts together and essentially make a song out of all those parts. This is the main challenge.

Some usefull tips: Most of the "clean" guitars are DI tracks that you have to reamp - you shouldn't use them "clean". There are also various small pieces of sounds that are meant to take the listener to the next part. the thing is: you can't use them in their raw state - like the vocal phrase at 1:43. This part needs delay/reverb/phaser or whatever it takes to make it creepy and stange or it will sound akward.

If you have any further questions you can check the faq that i wrote or ask me personally. I always try to answer within a few hours. And btw. what gear you use it not important. you can mix Dead Enemies with stock plugins and it will probably come out great =)