Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Revelations. Back to the early 70s.
Hi.

When i first heard the song i get this idea of coming in to a club. When you are walking in to a club and you here some music far away and it get louder as you are walking in to the main room.

I tried to get that a sound as Deep Purple had in there first record.

Feel free to comment.

.mp3    Revelations final mix.mp3 --  (Download: 10.61 MB)

Hey, nice idea with the intro! Like it.

The mix sounds pretty good overall. A couple of things that sound wrong to me:

- Stereo enhancer on the rhythm guitar is too much. The guitar is too loud and too present in stereo, but if you listen to the mix in mono it almost disappears and loses all of its bite.

- The lead vocal is a bit far back (too much reverb?) - although it sounds OK in mono, so maybe it's just being masked by the guitar.
You are right there with the guitar. Played around a little to much with Brianvorx digital v.2. So it to much out to the side. Mid/Side is a little tricky. :-)
Heh... it's really easy to go crazy with new toys, isn't it? Smile

I'm thinking a bit too much low end on the bass guitar. Guitars don't sond exactly balanced against each other.
Perhaps knock 300 Hz down about 2-3dB. Those are the things that stand out anyway.
Old West Audio
(26-02-2015, 03:29 AM)azwayne Wrote: I'm thinking a bit too much low end on the bass guitar.

Bass guitar sounds smooth in general, the kick drum is just too quite and may be overclashing with bass guitar.