Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tears In The Rain_mix by Tommy Marcinek
Angel

Here's Rod Alexander's "Tears In The Rain" a cool little instrumental tune. Love it! Had fun with this mix. I took a few liberties in what I call "creative arranging" here and there. Let me know what'cha think. Comments/Questions welcomed.

Thanks much!

Tommy

-------------UPDATE: July 2, 2015

The second mix below is a new one I uploaded today, 7/2/15. I took the advice of folks who were kind enough to comment and I think I came up with a mix that sounds just about right. Let me know. Please listen to the end....did a cool thing for the end I think.

Thanks, Tom.

.mp3    Tears in the rain.mp3 --  (Download: 8.58 MB)

.mp3    Tears In The Rain_6_Mastered.mp3 --  (Download: 8.64 MB)

tommymarcinek.com - Tommy Marcinek
Nice warm mix. Really like the sound you've got going. I think maybe the El. Gtr could be a little louder and maybe a little more punch on the drums but I'm being picky, really enjoyed listeningSmile
Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.
Mahatma Gandhi

(20-02-2015, 12:02 AM)NosMos Wrote: Nice warm mix. Really like the sound you've got going. I think maybe the El. Gtr could be a little louder and maybe a little more punch on the drums but I'm being picky, really enjoyed listeningSmile

NoxMos, thanks for your comments. I really appreciate it. I was indeed going for a very warm and full mix even though the tracks didn't necessarily call for that being a mainly acoustic guitar song. I wanted to create a mix that was as full as something with keys or synths in it, even though things like that were not in the tracks. And, in the past, I've been adding things to these mixes....I'm trying to avoid doing that now. I want to be able to mix successfully only the tracks I'm given, except for some sound-replacing here and there as to kicks, snare, etc. But these tracks were very nicely recorded....a pleasure to work with. :-) I really like this little song too....puts me in a good mood even though the title doesn't really suggest that. If you did a mix to this I'll try and find it and check it out.

Tom

Great mix, sounds very 70s. The guitars sound really lovely and super chilled. The snare could be a little stronger, but that's everything I have to say :-) I'll have to take a leaf out of your book next time.
https://soundcloud.com/laurencebush

laurencebush.co.uk

facebook.com/lbsoundandmusic

@lbsoundandmusic
(01-07-2015, 04:36 PM)Laurence Bush Wrote: Great mix, sounds very 70s. The guitars sound really lovely and super chilled. The snare could be a little stronger, but that's everything I have to say :-) I'll have to take a leaf out of your book next time.

Laurence,

Thanks for the props....appreciate that. I know I should go back in there and fix those drums because they are too weak and too much reverb I think. I did this one months ago....will try to get to some of my favorite songs on here to remix as my skills improve. I want to NEVER stop learning. Mixing is all there is in the world Angel

Blessings,

Tom

Angel

Hi, I uploaded a new mix.....see above

Tom